1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 12:01 PM by artsiom.shchatsko

DxDesigner attribute/property for IBIS model

artsiom.shchatsko

I'm going to design a DxDataBook corporate library and I'd like to know what DxDesigner attribute/property is responsible for IBIS model assignment in EXP2005 and EE2007. Here are requirements:

• I don't want to assing IBIS model by Part Number property.
      • I need a property that would contain value from IBIS file [Camponent] section
      • I want to be able to add this property to DxDesigner component from DxDataBook
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to work with LineSimLink
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to get propagated to CES
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to work with ICX Pro Explorer
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to work with ICX Pro Verify
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to get propagated to .REF file for HyperLynx BoardSim
      • I need this IBIS model assignment to get propagated to ICX Classic
      • It would be nice to have another property for IBIS [Model Selector] section that would work with both HyperLynx and ICX

Is there a way to manually define which property is used for IBIS model assignment?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: DxDesigner attribute/property for IBIS model
          artsiom.shchatsko

DxDesigner "IBIS" property works for all of that in EE2007. In EXP2005 DxDesigner "IBIS" attribute works for CES model assignment and consequently for ICX Pro Explorer, but not for HyperLynx BoardSim and not for ICX Classic. So for those two a simple script to create appropriate .ref or . scm files would do the trick.

Actually, it would be great if user could decide which property to use for IBIS model assignment.