10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 9:41 AM by chris_balcom

Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF

chin

Hi All

We are the need of script which will give the only specified layer(Eg:li ) out our layout design.

The constrains are as follows

#1)If its connected by mcons on the both the ends it should highlight it.

Since we are new to SVRF scripting & not aware of this. Please give the overall idea about how the script should be so that we will work over it.

Please let me know any more infomation needed on the requirements.

Rgds

Chin

• 1. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
          chris_balcom

Hi Chin,

Would the Eg:li always be rectangular or could they be arbitrarily shaped?

If the polygons were shaped like a "T" with 3 ends, how would you want to handle it if there were mcons only on two of the ends?

If there were mcons in the middle, would it change the way you wanted to handle it?

For the layout you will be using, would it be practical to consider any edge that is shorter than some amount, as an end?

Regards,

-chris

• 2. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
            chin

Hi Chris

First of all Thanks for your responce.

Q: Would the Eg:li always be rectangular or could they be arbitrarily shaped?

It will be any shape polygon.

Q:If the polygons were shaped like a "T" with 3 ends, how would you want to handle it if there were mcons only on two of the ends?

We need to highlight the entire layer between the mcons. Even if its is 'T' shaped i need to highlight the entire shape.

Q:If there were mcons in the middle, would it change the way you wanted to handle it?

It will not be there like this. We don't need to take care this situation

We have one more question as well Chris.we need your help on it.

I have a metal which runs long for x lenght and y width. how to find the resistance of the metal.

Rgds

Chin

• 3. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
              chris_balcom

Hi Chin,

My personal experience is mostly with LVS and DRC but I'm not sure those are the best choices for this specific type of checking.

If the ends could be identified as any edges shorter than a certain dimension, then you might be able to check for mcon within a certain distance from those ends. Then if a polygon on Eg:li interacted with 2 of those situations, that Eg:li could be output for highlighting.

I don't know of a way to output just the portion of a T shaped polygon that may have mcon only on 2 of the ends. The idea above would simply output the whole shape if it were contacted in 2 or more places.

Maybe someone with xRC experience could comment about the possibilities of using parasitic extraction techniques for these issues?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                chin

HI Chris

LVS and DRC is not catching like these specific requriments. We are planning to add as a -flatFile option in DRC to identify these specific layes like li or any metals.

We need identify those layers and highlight as its happening in caliber.

We need to know form you how to identify the li between 2 mcons (For the intial code  lets not take the 'T' structure in to consideration)

Can you please help us in going forward.

Thanks

Chin

• 5. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                  chris_balcom

Hi Chin,

I think I might be able to create an example but I wouldn't be able to post all the SVRF code here in the public forum. Do you have access to SupportNet if I published a TechNote there?

Best regards,

-chris

• 6. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                    chin

Hi Chris

Yes . I am having access to supportNet account. Please post the SVRF over there i will refer to it.

When can make it?

Thanks for your support in need.

Chin

• 7. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                      chris_balcom

Hi Chin,

Here's a link to that TechNote containing the example code and a small layout file to experiment with. It might take a couple of hours before that link is active. I should mention that opening a service request through SupportNet is typically the fastest way to get help (unless you can search for and find a solution on SupportNet which is even faster!).

Best regards,

-chris

• 8. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                        chin

Hi Chris

Its really great . I got the script and changes some parameters as per our technology it got worked and we could find the li layer inbetween mcons'.

We just ran in to some clarification & we belive that you are right person to ask:

In this we are having a command to check the width of the metal is great than some value or not.

metal WITH WIDTH > w

We are in need  of the value of the width. There is any way to return a vaule of width ?

In the same way there is any command will say me the length value?

Thanks

Chin

• 9. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                          chin

Hi Chris

I needed one more help too.

I need to print some vaule in *.log file. Which command you would suggest to use.

Thanks

Chin

• 10. Re: Specific layer finding Script based on SVRF
                            chris_balcom

Hi Chin,

What value is it that you want to print in the log file?

Maybe you could post this question as a new discussion, more people might see it.

Best regards,

-chris