3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 2:17 AM by Joel_Pointon

Custom Components in VeSys Classic

justin.mininni

Is there a way to capture a custom component so that I can re-insert the same component into other drawings or in different locations on the same schematic?  For example: I have a switch that has diodes and resistors and this switch is used in a lot places on my vehicle.

Or will I just have to copy and paste it every time I want to use the same switch?

Thanks,

Justin

• 1. Re: Custom Components in VeSys Classic
          Joel_Pointon

Hi,

You could either window select the existing component and perform a Copy/Paste or if you want to place the Component via part number and possibly reusing it in other designs you can 'Write a Block' from the current drawing.  If you do Write out a Block I recommend that you open the newly created block in order to 'tidy it up' i.e. changing the limits, zomming to the graphic and purging unwanted data - the reason for this is that when you write a block out it will inherit all of these things from the original block making it larger than it needs to be also it may not be visible in the preview window.

• 2. Re: Custom Components in VeSys Classic
            justin.mininni

I haven't found it, but is there any way to save the component so that you can still modify the internal components?  When you block the custom component, it basically just turns it into a picture.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Custom Components in VeSys Classic
              Joel_Pointon

Hi,

When you use the 'Write Block' command you have the button selected is called 'Convert to Block' this converts the original objects to a block, the button you need to select is called 'Retain'.