3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 2:16 PM by chris_balcom

Calibre LVS

said.mezouari

Hi all,

I am trying to run Calibre LVS but each time I get a message error window with the following message "Layout export failed or was cancelled"

I am ussing the Linux x86 platform and I have tried with different versions of Cadence. IC5141 USR5, USR4, USR3.

My coworkers have no problem running it.

Thank you for your help

Here is a copy of the transcript:

function cdsTermDec redefined

\o function cdsTermHex redefined

\o function cdsTermBin redefined

\o Loading QS Callbacks from /space/home/design/tsmcqs15/tsmc18qs/../.callBacks.il...

\o "Loading cdlOut template file for Calibre netlisting"

\o

\o "/space/home/design/tsmcqs15/Calibre/LVS/SKILL/cdl_netlist_template.il"

\o

\o "Finished loading cdlOut template file for Calibre netlisting"

\o

\o

\o *** There were 0 error and 3 warning messages ***

\o

\o Statistic and more information, please check /home/users/sm/TSMC15/PIPO.LOG.RXfilter_stage1_fli file.

\o

\o NORMAL EXIT ...

\o

\o

\o

\o *** Calibre Interactive: Exporting netlist for cell RXfilter_stage1_fli ***

\o *Error* loadContext: could not open file - "/tools/cds5141usr5/tools.lnx86/dfII/

\o etc/context/64bit/auCore.cxt"

• 1. Re: Calibre LVS
          chris_balcom

Hi Said,

I think some other people have seen this but I'm not aware of a final conclusion or complete answer. Some have suggested it appears to be a problem with the Cadence installation that happens on multiple versions.

Are you using 64bit mode? You may be successful with 32bit mode in this case.

One thing I think is interesting... the error message refers to "auCore.cxt" but I wonder if there is a typo somewhere... was it supposed to be "auCore.txt" instead? Does a file with a similar name exist at that path?

"/tools/cds5141usr5/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/context/64bit/auCore.cxt"

or ?

"/tools/cds5141usr5/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/context/64bit/auCore.txt"

• 2. Re: Calibre LVS
            said.mezouari

Hi Chris,

The first time I ran into this problem, I was a bit puzzled. I was not using the 64bit mode and yet it was looking into the 64bit folder for the auCore.ctx.

I looked around and found the auCore.cxt at the following location: "/tools/cds5141usr5/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/context/"

but not  in the 64 bit folder:"/tools/cds5141usr5/tools.lnx86/dfII/etc/context/64bit/" where it is looking for.

I am tempted to just copied it and see what happens.

Thank you for your time.

• 3. Re: Calibre LVS
              chris_balcom

The solution below is compliments of Arthur from New Jersey Institute of Technology. Thanks Arthur!

>> Hi Chris,

>>

>> I have talked with Cadence admin and he changed to 32 bit mode by

>> Adding "unsetenv CDS_AUTO_64BIT" in .cshrc.

>>

>> Now calibre LVS works and I could see the spice netlist exported from

>> virtuoso schematic viewer.

>>

>> Best regards

>>

>> Arthur