4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 4:52 AM by Joel_Pointon

Quickly drawing connectors?

justin.mininni

Hello,

I am trying to build up my library with connectors so that when I am ready to create the harness design, the connectors have a graphic.  In CHS and VeSys Classic, I used to copy the connector view and paste it into the harness. After that, I would trace the graphic and then block the created graphic and save it. This was much easier than trying to draw it free hand simply by looking at a connector.

Is there anyway to do this with VeSys 2.0?  I tried pasting a connector graphic in VeSys Symbol and I could not do it.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Justin

• 1. Re: Quickly drawing connectors?
          Joel_Pointon

Hi Justin,

We have been testing VeSys 2.0 and our currently preferred method for creating connector graphics is to draw them in AutoCAD, save them as a DXF and then import them into VeSys 2.0.  As you already have VeSys Classic you should just be able to use that version of AutoCAD, we've found this to be the quickest and easiest method to create detailed connector views because of all of AutoCAD's 2D drafting capabilities/features.

• 2. Re: Quickly drawing connectors?
            Nuri

Hi Justin,

Importing connector graphics into VeSys 2.0 is certainly the easiest solution, however I would like to say that VeSys 2.0 Symbol is 100% identical to CHS Capital Symbol so if your experienced with CHS then you should be good to go with VeSys 2.0.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 3. Re: Quickly drawing connectors?
              justin.mininni

Thank you both for your responses and information.  I actually never used CHS Capital symbol, rather as explained above, I used to copy a connector view, paste it into a Cap-H drawing and trace it. (This is what I was taught on a fast paced program)  Once drawn, I would block the symbol saving it with the connector part number.

Since I am familiar with this, I think I will use Cap-H's AutoCAD backdrop to trace/draw the connectors, and save them as a .DXF file.  Then I will import them into VeSys 2.0 when I am ready to start drawings.

Thank you very much!!

Justin

• 4. Re: Quickly drawing connectors?
                Joel_Pointon

Hi Justin,

Since Cap-H runs AutoCAD OEM and I suggested you use your VeSys Classics AutoCAD to draw the symbols do I get credited with the 'Helpful Answer' or 'Correct Answer'?