6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 12:48 PM by Joel_Pointon

Line weights

mmensen1

Is there some way to adjust the default line weight of wires (ESYS_WIRE)? Currently it is set at 0.15 but my customer would like to see it at 0.30.

Thanks,

Mark

• 1. Re: Line weights
          Joel_Pointon

Hi Mark,

If run the VeSys Configuration Editor you can change the default Line Weight for wires.  Click on the Design button and then select the Text tab.

• 2. Re: Line weights
            mmensen1

I have already tried that. It changed the line weight of the text for the wires, and not the actual line representing the wire. The text is fine as is, but the line representing the wire needs to be increased.

Mark

• 3. Re: Line weights
              Joel_Pointon

Oopps yeah that was under the text menu wasn't it!

You can actually 'Quick Select' to select all of the Wires in your design and change the lineweights.  To do this you need to:

• Click the AutoCAD properties button
              • Click the Quick Select button
              • Change the object type from "Multiple" to "ESYS_WIRE"
              • Change the Operator type from "= Equals" to "Select All"
              • Click OK
              • Change the Lineweight to 0.3

This quick select command can be used for any objects within AutoCAD to quickly change/filter things, I've used it in the past to select all of the text notes on a drawing that were a particular color.

• 4. Re: Line weights
                mmensen1

That works. I was unware of the quick select function. Thank you for the advice!

• 5. Re: Line weights
                  mmensen1

Is there a way to change the default values so that I don't have to go through the quick select process before I save each time? Or so that for a new schematic the default is set to a line weight of 0.3 for ESYS_WIRE?

Thanks,

Mark

• 6. Re: Line weights
                    Joel_Pointon

Hi Mark,

I don't believe there is a default way of setting this although you might be able to create a script that will automatically set all of the lineweights.