6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 6:28 AM by Nuri

Exporting from Harness to Design

emiliano.cipriani

Hello,

is it possible to export data from VeSys Harness to VeSys Design?The design flow we have in mind is to draw schematics on VeSys Design, synchronise it with VeSys Harness to add harness data such as crimps, ring tags...we then want to export this information to UG NX (only possible through VeSys Design). So is it possible to transfer harness data back to VeSys Design, and then to NX?

Regards,

Emil

• 1. Re: Exporting from Harness to Design
          Joel_Pointon

Hi,

VeSys Harness can only feedback the connector information into VeSys Design so terminals are not fed back.  This is because VeSys Design was written to enable circuits/schematics to be designed, this wire data would then be exported to a Harness drawing tool (such as VeSys Harness) which would then manage all of the Terminal/Seal selection and wire length calculation.  The Harness tool is the ideal place for this to be done as all of the physical characteristics can be defined for example the coverings, splice positions, clips, etc.

I've just had a look at the cmp file generated by VeSys and it only lists the Conn ID and Part No so I guess the crimps wouldn't be imported anyway?

• 2. Re: Exporting from Harness to Design
            emiliano.cipriani

Sledge_Hammer,

we have an interest into exporting the harness data to NX. Our wiring looms are complex, and we use 3D formboards.

Our ideal process would be:

- Design electrical schematics

- Add crimping, splices, plugs (all harness info) into the design

- Route the harness through our box in a 3D environment

- Once routing is complete, back annotate any changes/lengths back into harness and then back into design

I am still not sure if VeSys can do this.

Regards,

Emil

• 3. Re: Exporting from Harness to Design
              Joel_Pointon

Hi,

I understand your issue although the fact that the .cmp file only has "Conn ID" and "Part No" does imply that you will not be able to import your terminals, seals, plugs even if VeSys Design could export them.

• 4. Re: Exporting from Harness to Design
                Joel_Pointon

I should have pointed out that all comments made here were in reference to VeSys Classic rather than VeSys 2.0, not sure which version of the software you are using.

• 6. Re: Exporting from Harness to Design
                  Nuri

Emil,

With VeSys 2.0 you can export a Harness then import into Design for updated wire lengths and attributes.  However, because Design does not support cavity components (terminals, seals, plugs, accessories) these engineered parts are not imported into VeSys 2.0 Design.

The best flow is VeSys 2.0 Design --> Wiring Export into NX --> Create a 3D Harness --> Flatten 3D Harness for VeSys 2.0 Harness --> Engineer the Harness in VeSys 2.0 Harness --> Create BOM from VeSys 2.0 Harness.

The avi I sent shows this flow,

Thanks,

Nuri