4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 9:34 AM by Omar

Add Connector w/correct symbol into Vesys 2.0

Omar

Hi!

We are new on using Vesys 2.0. We are trying to star our first harness design in Vesys 2.0 but at the time we try to add a new connector into the Diagram from our Components Database we get only a black dot instead of the correct diagram (Please see attachment).

• 1. Re: Add Connector w/correct symbol into Vesys 2.0
          Omar

Hi!

Thanks a lot for you help! I found a workaround to make this work and have our product Engineers finally working on this application. As you all know this was a problem caused by a wrong path or a wrong symbols db assigned as default. As I can not find the way to assign the symbols DB we created as the default, I use the predefined DB as our main resource for symbols.

Regards.

• 2. Re: Add Connector w/correct symbol into Vesys 2.0
            Phil_Davies

Hi Omar,

If I am understanding your issue correctly to get symbols to be assigned in the harness tool you need to do the following.

1. Create the symbol graphic in VeSys 2.0 Symbol, it must be of Type "Comment"

2. Create the library component in VeSys 2.0 Library, and under the symbol tab, ensure Mode is set to "Comment" and Symbol Library is set to the Symbol Library where you created the symbol graphic.

3. Select the symbol name and you should see a preview of the graphic in the window.

4. When you assign the library component in VeSys 2.0 Design and synchronise through to VeSys 2.0 Harness the assigned Comment graphic will be used

I hope this helps,

Phil D

VeSys 2.0 Symbol.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Add Connector w/correct symbol into Vesys 2.0
              Muhammad_Askar

Just to add to Phil's response here, the following should work too

1. Name your symbols in the symbol library (let's call it SymLib) after the library part names in VeSys 2.0 Components

2. Set up the default harness style such that the default library set (under Design node > General Settings > Library Sets) is pointing at SymLib

now if you create components and assign them library parts that have corresponding same-name symbols in SymLib they will get the symbols on the diagram automatically.

Hope this helps

Muhammad.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Add Connector w/correct symbol into Vesys 2.0
                Omar

Hi!

Thank you all for your patince on reading my post and for your great help!.

Warmest Regards.