2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 1:36 AM by Andre

DxD automation - ProjectData @ netlist flow

Andre

Paolo,

I found Application.GetProjectData.SymbolPartitions pretty empty after supplying DxD with valid libraries.

Same holds true for special components etc.

After looking around I found them being stored in speccomp.ini and the .prj file.

This means automation documentation is specific to EE iCDB flow.

Is there any way to modifiy the project settings by script within the PADS netlist flow and force update of the files by e.g. closing the project ?

Why are those ini files still in use ? Why not keep all that stuff inside the database matching the docs ?

Regards,

André

• 1. Re: DxD automation - ProjectData @ netlist flow
          paolo_spazzini

Andre'

first of all apologies for the late answer, I have to admit that I had to ask for help on this one and it took a little while.

So here here what I can tell you:

YOUR>> I found Application.GetProjectData.SymbolPartitions pretty empty after supplying DxD with valid libraries.

Same holds true for special components etc.

After looking around I found them being stored in speccomp.ini and the .prj file.

This means automation documentation is specific to EE iCDB flow.

PS> SymbolPartitions method of the ProjectData object was meant as a method of managing Central Library partitions in the PRJ file. Currently it does not handle netlist library paths which can be associated with the netlist project. There’s a possibility to extend semantics of the object to handle netlist situation or add new interface dedicated for the netlist flow. Indeed ProjectData object was designed to reflect structure of the PRJ file in the EE flow.

YOUR>> Is there any way to modifiy the project settings by script within the PADS netlist flow and force update of the files by e.g. closing the project ?

PS>> Reopening the project file after modification of this data, will help here.

YOUR>> Why are those ini files still in use ? Why not keep all that stuff inside the database matching the docs ?

PS>> you may have noticed that from 5.x architecture to 7.x one we tried to rationalize the .ini files aspect in many areas. We are continuing doing so and we expect to get better in a close future, we know that there are areas still to imrpove and we are looking at those release after release.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Paolo

• 2. Re: DxD automation - ProjectData @ netlist flow
            Andre

Paolo,

thanks.

We're happy with this as long as you're heading for ini-less DxD ... should resolve many issues anyway and make the Design more portable.

Regards,

André