1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 2:01 AM by Muhammad_Askar

For each branch that breaks out of the main trunk of a harness, is there a way to explicitly define the angle?  Bend radius?

maria_smith

For each branch that breaks out of the main trunk of a harness, is there a way to explicitly define the angle? Also, how do you set Vesys to calculate the wire length so that the node bend radius changes the total wire length?

I found in the help files there is a Polar mode on/off but I don't know where to select to turn on.  I couldn't find how in the Harness VeSys Manual.  The HarnessXC manual says that a Shift+P toggles the Polar mode.  Is it the same for VeSys Harness?  I can't see if this is working because in the status bar I can only see "Polar Mode...", no matter how much I stretch the window that little box is the same size.

• 1. Re: For each branch that breaks out of the main trunk of a harness, is there a way to explicitly define the angle?  Bend radius?
          Muhammad_Askar

Hi Maria

If this is Rotate Section of Harness action we're talking about then the increments of the angle are determined by style set settings under Style Set > Design node > General Settings  >Design Settings; there's a setting on the RH side called RoationAngleRoundingValue. This is what you are looking for.

When using this piece of functionality, pressing CTRL key will give you the absolute angle that the section (bundle) is making with the horizontal, rather than the default, which is the difference in angles before and after. Polar and Grid settings have nothing to do with this.

Note that using this functionality, the angle is shown as transient graphics (in red) as you rotate.

Otherwise, if you meant rotation as in "stretching" the bundle by dragging its end, then Polar settings come into play "rotation-wise" as follows:

Polar off: no constraints on bundle angle

Polar On: angles allowed are: angles of bundles that meet with the selected one at the rotation point (junction), or increments of the setting in style set that was previously mentioned.

To turn Polar mode on/off: SHIFT+P

Hope this helps

Muhammad