8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 12:19 AM by Nuri

Connector Symbol

eortiz

Hi to all,

It is possible to modify the associated connector symbol in the harness design?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Connector Symbol
          Joel_Pointon

In VeSys Harness all you need to do is save the connector graphic (.dwg file) in your 'Blocks' folder.  If the filename for this graphic matches one of the part numbers in your VeSys Components Libray the graphic will automatically be selected.

• 2. Re: Connector Symbol
            eortiz

Hi,

What I would like to do, is modifying the connector symbol when it is in the drawing, after selection.

Our problem would be that connector drawing includes some assembly instructions or visual aids that could be needed or not.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Connector Symbol
              Joel_Pointon

Hi,

To modify an existing graphic you could select it and then 'explode' it, this will break it back down into lines, arcs, etc. you can then delete the areas you do not require.  You could then type 'Block' to convert the graphic back into one object, if you pick the same name you will be prompted with 'this is already defined do you want to redefine it' and it will replace every occurence of that graphic within you design.  You may even want to save this graphic in your blocks directory so that you don't have to do this each time.  Once you have your own graphic for the connector you can right click on the connector table and select 'Update Connector Block' this will replace the graphic with yours (which doesn't include the manufaturing information).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Connector Symbol
                eortiz

Hi,

Thank you for the answer, but I am currently using VeSys 2.0.

I just found the section for this question.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• 5. Re: Connector Symbol
                  Joel_Pointon

Oops I suppose my posts were a little confusing then ?  I'm not sure how you would do this in VeSys 2.0.

• 6. Re: Connector Symbol
                    Nuri

It is not possible to modify the connector graphic once it has been placed - this can only be done in VeSys 2.0 Symbol.

These visual aids could be "Additional Components" to the connector (they can be added as housing definitions for the connector optional/mandatory, but they will be created as NotOnBOM components).  The default VeSys 2.0 Harness style will show these components with the correct symbol on the diagram.  Let me know how you get on,

Kind Regards,

Nuri

• 7. Re: Connector Symbol
                      Joel_Pointon

Hi Nuri,

To clarify my understanding if there are graphics associated to any of these  "Additional Components" they are automatically placed when the Connector is placed?  (and of course assuming they have been selected if they are optional components).

How many  "Additional Components" graphics can be associated with a Connector?

• 8. Re: Connector Symbol
                        Nuri

Yes.