7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 9:45 AM by Joel_Pointon

Wire Tag Number

mc

Hi All,

Where in V2 do I enter the number that is printed on the wire go? VeSys Classic used Ident tag/signal name field. Have used Wire Note but also secondary wire number is available - which is correct?

• 1. Re: Wire Tag Number
          Nuri

Either use "Secondary Wire Number" or create a new property for your wires.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Wire Tag Number
            mc

Which one is right?

New attribute or secondary wire number?

Ta Mark.

• 3. Re: Wire Tag Number
              Joel_Pointon

Hi Mark,

You can likely configure the reports to include either field.  But I guess the problem you are trying to avoid is that if you use the wrong field you don't want to cause a problem for your Wire Harness Suppliers when they want to automatically generate the file to program a Komax cut, strip and terminate machine.

• 4. Re: Wire Tag Number
                Joel_Pointon

Is it possible to generate the same Komax file that VeSys Classic outputted or would that have to be a custom report?

• 5. Re: Wire Tag Number
                  mc

I need to make sure that whatever field I use - Wire Note, Secondary Wire Number or new attribute, the harness manufacturer actually recognises it as the tag and prints it on the wire!!!.

To check it further, I created a harness and the connector chart has a field header called tag, but this is controlled using the secondary wire number attribute in the wire editor window.

So it looks like Tag's should be entered on both Design and Harness using the Secondary Wire Number attribute.

Why wasn't this attribute simply called Tag like in VeSys Classic?

• 6. Re: Wire Tag Number
                    Nuri

Hi,

The reports in VeSys 2.0 are fully customisable, if you speak to Centricity Consulting they're geared up to writing custom reports which could take advantage of these properties.  As for the table header, this is something that can be changed in styling (in fact the "Starter Data" style has renamed this to "Wire Tag", without the starter data the default name is used).

Thanks,
                    Nuri

• 7. Re: Wire Tag Number
                      Joel_Pointon

EDS Design has some software developers so it might be worth speaking to them about custom reports.