I´ve posted it here because I don´t know whether it is something like an enhancement and should be on Mentor Ideas or it is a bug or something in between. Maybe you can direct me to the right people.
since PADS V9.1 there is an ODB++ output. Here some questions / issues on it:
- in the ODB++ output there is no way to include solder and past mask that is calculated from the padstack. So if you don´t have defined solder and past mask within the padstack you can´t output a solder and past mask.
- for PADS gerbers you have different ways to generate solder and paste masks. One of this ways is to define over and undersize for that layers by attributes. Is there a way to include that over- / undersize for solder and paste mask generation in the ODB++ file?
- some parts needs a very special paste mask. So that past mask is drawn manually and added to the padstack on e.g. past mask top. All other decals don´t have a graphical paste mask definition. The past mask is defined by over- / undersize attributes. How can I bring both together into the ODB++ file to make a correct past mask file? In that special customer case all parts with a defined paste mask in the padstack gets paste all other parts didn´t get.
In that special case the customer changed his whole library by deleting all padstack definitions for paste and soldermask and replaced them by over-/undersize attributes. Only special, not defineable past masks still are done graphically within the padstack - e.g. 4 little squares for a big pad. Now there is no way to get an ODB++ file that represents the wanted past mask.
The question is
- is it possible to include these things into ODB++
- is ODB++ designed to support such things or is it made to only bring the data as it is into a CAM tool (like CAMCAD) and then lets do all the oversize stuff in the CAM-Tool