13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 10:05 PM by kannan.sha

where I can find strategy file?

lynn

I am trying to auto route my layout in PADS Router with Version 9.01. I have tried to specify something at Options-Strategy window and applied. When I go to Tools-Autoroute-start, I got a message " BlazeRouter .STG is not found.Check the file location setting on Options ".

On the Option - file location there are some directions as C:\MentorGraphics\9.0.1PADS\SDD_HOME\Programs\". But there is no any file in this folder as a .STG file.

Does some body woudl like to tell me where is the Strategy file? How can I get it?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: where I can find strategy file?
          lynn

I am following the tutorial instruction to practice the routing in Router. At the point of routing plane net, I encontered a difficulty to route the GND net with no strategy file as well. What the strategy file is and where is it? Can Mentor Graphics professional stuff or any body help me here? Thanks.

Lynn

• 2. Re: where I can find strategy file?
            lynn

I have figured out by myself. I learned from no body help here.

• 3. Re: where I can find strategy file?
              artsiom.shchatsko

So would you share the knowledge with others?

• 4. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                jason.coigny

I am getting the same error code.  I have 2 machines running Pads software one is version 9.1 the other is 7.0, and now for whatever reason both systems are reporting this error.  I have tried modifying the strategy setup to see if it will create a new file but to no avail.  At this point all I can really do is uninstall, reboot then reinstall in hopes of fixing this error.  If it works I will report back otherwise I will continue sitting in my dark corner pulling out the last of my hair with a cheeky grin.....

• 5. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                  jason.coigny

Sure enough after uninstalling-rebooting-reinstalling all seems to be well with the world again.  I keep seeing this issue on various machines I have installed this on.  I even see it with earlier versions of the software, yet I am not sure what causes it to occur.  Maybe someday there will be a patch for that !?!  I have attached my blazerouter.stg file in case this helps anyone else, maybe, anything.... nothing, oh bother

• 6. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                    lynn

I did find the strategy file somewhere, but could not remember where it is. What I remember is somethere you need define the path direction. After that the error had never been showed up agian. I think you do not need to uninstall and reinstall, just try harder to look through your C drive and all Mentor rellated folders.

If I find it next time I will post here.

• 7. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                      k.voss

The strategy file is something special for the programmers. It is not used for saving your strategy to autoroute a design.

The autorouter needs it to  define the levels for intensity of the passes.

Normally you find the file, called BlazeRouter.stg in the installation path:

C:\MentorGraphics\9.1PADS\SDD_HOME\Settings

Klaus

• 8. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                        jenny.yao

I also found it in C:\padspwr\BlazeRouter folder.

• 9. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                          andrew.creque

Thanks Klaus.  I found the file in C:\MentorGraphics\9.0.1PADS\SDD_HOME\Settings

• 10. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                            george_defond

Hi All:

This isn't a file that you tap into, it's actually a file that you create. It logs the settings that you create in the autorouter. It just needs to know where to write to. So don't go bonkers trying to find an existing file, just give it a sensible place to go. You get this error anytime you change the project destination away from the default folder. I hope this helps you for the next time you encounter this problem. It sure beats uninstall/ re-install. By the way- re-installing just restes your project back to the default. You can find this information in the Router Help:

Changing File Locations and Backup Settings

Use the File tab to change file locations and define file backup settings.

Restriction: The number of backup files is for the current session only and is not saved with the design.

Exception: The Interval (minutes) option is only applicable during idle state. During autorouting, the program makes its own autorouting backups.

To change a file location and define file backup settings:

1. Options button > File tab.

1. In the Location section, double-click the location you want to change and type a new location.

Alternative: In the Location section, double-click the location you want to change, and then click the Browse button (...) to locate an existing folder. You can change to any location without compromising your data.

Best wishes,

George

• 11. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                              kannan.sha

Hi Lynn

I am facing the same problem of finding strategy file. can you pls help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kannan sha

• 12. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                                jenny.yao

When you are in PADS Router, Click on Option-> File, double click on the strategy file location, browse from C drive (if it is your program drive), \C:\MentorGraphics\9.1PADS\SDD_HOME\Settings, click OK.

Then you have no more problem for the strategy file.

Enjoy your routing.

• 13. Re: where I can find strategy file?
                                  kannan.sha

Hi Jenny

Really great !!

Thank you very much for your great information, yap its working now, working perfectly.

Now enjoying routing..