4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 12:13 AM by navit.alaouf

TestPoint interface

navit.alaouf

We would like to create, as part of the testpoint flow in expedition, an interface for the engineer , so he can edit the recommended testpoints before it passed to the expedition environment .

I found, that I can add a new constrain in the CES.

I thought that I'll import the recommended data to the CES by automation and than allow the engineer to edit the data.

I wanted to consult if this is the flow that you recommend and also I wanted to know how do I pass this data to the expedition envierment to the Testpoint interface.

Thanks,

navit

• 1. Re: TestPoint interface
          kendall_hiles

What kind of information?

What testpoint to use or how many point needed per net?

-kendall

• 2. Re: TestPoint interface
            navit.alaouf

The information we need is the number of testpoint on a net.

Navit

• 3. Re: TestPoint interface
              Andreas.Schaefer

Hello Navit,

we tried to add such "user defined constraints" in CEA already.

What we found as a show stopper here was the fact, that all user constraints are stored in the user settings.

So if a user has created this user constraint column "number of testpoints needed", the colum will not be visible for the other users.

You should check this out first, if adding constraints in CES by automation does fit to your working process.

regards,

Andreas

• 4. Re: TestPoint interface
                navit.alaouf

Hello Andreas,

I'm aware of the setting in the user interface, but I think we can overcome this problem, by changing the setting file to all user or by writing a script that adds this column when opening CES.

The thing that I'm more concerned about, is how to transfer this data to the Test point interface in the PCB environment.

We want to use the back annotation capabilities already implemented in the CES.

Right now, we have a way to transfer the data to the PCB, by using a script we wrote using PCB automation.

We prefer to use the capabilities that mentor supplies without writing extra automation code.

Also, by using CES as an interface, we will be able to see what is actually implemented in the PCB compare to what was asked from the user.

Navit