6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 7:42 AM by Nuri

Splice Table

jkoogler

Being new to this, I may being missing something simple. Is there a way to create a table for more than 3 wires in a splice? I am creating splices for 4- to 8 wires and I can only seem to get a table for 3 wires to show in the harness diagram.

Thanks,

Jay

• 1. Re: Splice Table
          Joel_Pointon

Hi Jay,

Are you trying to create a harness drawing from scratch or will you be importing data from a schematic?

If you are importing I think the tables get bigger as required, not sure what happens if you create a harness drawing manually I guess the table will also get bigger on its own.

• 2. Re: Splice Table
            jkoogler

Joel,

From what I can see, it only gives me three cavities (L,R and X). If I add more than three wires the cavities do not increase still have the same three. I have set the splice max wire numbers to 4 and the cavities to 4 in the component library, but I still only get a table with 3 cavities. It seems to be tied to the group name or type code. I looked back at Classic and it allowed you to have mutliple cavities.

And I am trying to create a harness from scratch. I am working between the component library and harness to make sure that the components I create show up like we want.

Thanks,

Jay

• 3. Re: Splice Table
              Joel_Pointon

Hi Jay,

You are quite right about classic you just edit the splice to pick the number on rows/columns this determines the size of the splice table.

Normally you use the cavity X unless you want to force the wires into one particular side of the splice.  I just tested it and if you add the wires to the splice either in L,R or X the table should automatically get bigger.

• 4. Re: Splice Table
                jkoogler

Joel,

Thanks for the help. I did notice that the chart would grow as wires were added. I think due to my inexperience with this I missunderstood the table and thinking it would be numbered like Classic. So to clarify, for a 5 wire splice I would have 3-L's and 2-R's based on the entry point of the wires? What would the X be for?

Thanks again,

Jay

• 5. Re: Splice Table
                  Joel_Pointon

Hi Jay,

Yes 3xL's, 2xR's and 1 empty X.

The X is when you let the software decide which side to place wires, this is effectively like the numbered splice cavities in VeSys Classics although in classic you had to edit the cavities to read L or R if you wanted to force the wires left or right.

• 6. Re: Splice Table
                    Nuri

In total wires on a splice can terminate to L=LEFT, R=RIGHT, CS=Center-Stripped or can be X=UNBALANCED.  The table will grow automatically, if I have two wires at position R then I will get two rows for cavity R.

See image below.

2010-03-04-153702.png

The above is standard VeSys 2.0 v2009.1 style, with the splice diagram (of course this can be changed).

Thanks,

Nuri