3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 6:58 AM by mike_templeman

Need some help with synchronizing...

justin.mininni

Hopefully I can describe this well enough: 

I have some devices in my design that I would like to synchronize with my harnesses.  They are basically fuse blocks with relays and circuit breakers.  I'm not exactly sure how to represent them in my design so that when I sync them, all of the pin information and wires going to it are shown in the harness. I've tried representing the fuseblocks as connectors in the harness, but when I sync, the connector just gets deleted. I've tried modifying the part in the component database between devices, connectors, and other without any success. Perhaps this is simple, but unfortunately I am struggling. I do not want to use a connector in the schematic design because it only allows you to put the pins on one side which will make my schematics a complete mess and harder to read.

If anyone can share their experience or any information, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Justin

• 1. Re: Need some help with synchronizing...
          Nuri

Hi Justin,

I think I see the problem - VeSys 2.0 Harness only synchronizes conductors, connectors and splices.  Regular devices are not included in the sync process, therefore you should have a connector for each device - you don't need to represent the fuse box as a connector in the design, it can be a device with either a Harness Connector or Device Connector defined in the library footprint.  If your still struggling then please raise a service request, someone from customer services would be happy to describe that flow.

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Need some help with synchronizing...
            justin.mininni

Thank you Nuri.  I am not sure how long service requests take, but I am on a tight timeline and if I could get a quick fix, that would be desireable. So, are you saying to use a device for the fuseblock, and then attach a connector to all sides that have wires going in/out?  Of course, this would have to be a shared connector.  I guess that would be another way of handling the situation, but still not the most desireable.

Thanks,

Justin

• 3. Re: Need some help with synchronizing...
              mike_templeman

Hello Justin,

Do you have a picture/part number of the fuseblock in question?

If you're tight for time, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your situation and the fuseblock in question and help you model this in your schematic.  Please send me an email to support@centricity-consulting.com and I can kick off a support session.

Thanks,

Mike