5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 11:49 AM by jkoogler

Insulation Types

jkoogler

When selecting insulation types, the help file says I should be able to select "Fixed Cut-Back Tube" and set a value for the cutback in the attribute table. The problem is Fixed Cut-Back is not an available selection in the drop down and I can not find any place to configure it. Is it suppose to be preconfigured? Cutback/Pullback is available in the attribute table and you can enter a value but it does not do anything.

Also, has anyone ever worked with braid that is applied via a braiding machine and not the sleeve type. Looking for some input on how to configure that.

Thanks,

Jay

• 1. Re: Insulation Types
          Muhammad_Askar

Hi Jay

Fixed Cut-Back Tube is something that VeSys 2.0 does not support and the documentation should be rectified. Please submit an SR for this purpose.

Regarding the overbraid question; sorry to answer your question with a question, but what sort of overbraid are we talking about: electrically connected? Or just providing protection with no connection? If it is not electrically connected, then would normal insulation do the job and just tagging it by a special property do or is there some sort of special behavior that you're expecting from it? I'd like to get a better understanding before I can recommend one action or the other...

Cheers

Muhammad

• 2. Re: Insulation Types
            jkoogler

I believe I will submit to the Idea Forum that at the least cutback be put back into Vesys 2.0. In my experience it is common to cutback the insulation a minimum of 3" when working with sealed connectors. Most everything I do is with sealed connectors and having this calculation in the tool would be helpful. As for the braid, I am dealing with a non electrical connected braid that consists of 24 strands of yarn that is woven by machine. This is a tough one since my supplier figures the braid by pounds rather than length.

• 3. Re: Insulation Types
              jkoogler

I am going to ask this under this post. Can Vesys 2.0 automatically pick the correct size of fixed tube based off of the bundle size? . Also, can it automatically enter in the length of the insulation run? I would think both of these items could be entered into the attributes table since both values are available.

Thanks,

Jay

• 4. Re: Insulation Types
                mike_templeman

Hi Jay,

I've made a comment on your idea.

Essentially one way to make it easier to work with is to display the width on the bundle using Styling:  Go to Edit > Styling > Harness >  Bundle > Decorations > Attributes... then select "Add" then select  to display "Width"

Thanks,

Mike

• 5. Re: Insulation Types
                  jkoogler

Mike, When pickeing the insulation, I enter the length minus 3" inches for cutback at a connector in the "Insulated Length". When I click "ok" the insulated length will show 0. It is not till I run the calculate the insulation length then the length will show. It show the total length rather than the length minus the 3". How come it will not allow me to enter the length.

Thanks,

Jay