2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 8:25 AM by Alex_Grange

Migration from 2005 to PADS 9.0 Dxdesigner

ali.r.feizi

I have an old database project with multiple schematics. I am trying to migrate the project with all the schematics in it into PADS9.0 DxDesigner. When attempting to migrate, the migration stops since the WIR files are "out of Date"??. It is asking to delete and recreate WIR files using the old DxDesigner that I don't have installed on my computer. Do I need to install 2005 version and how I can switch between 2005 and PADS9.0? Do I need to open every schematics in the old project and create new WIR file for each? What is the easiest way to migrate all the schematics?

• 1. Re: Migration from 2005 to PADS 9.0 Dxdesigner
          Gary_Lameris

Generally this is true, Dx2005 is required, but for Netlist flows, like the PADS flow, you may have some success with the attached tool kit.  Be sure to backup the files before running the utility.

Email me at gary_lameris@mentor.com with your feedback.

• 2. Re: Migration from 2005 to PADS 9.0 Dxdesigner
            Alex_Grange

Hi Ali,

It is best practice before migration to use the Save and Check function as well as the Schematic Checker feature in DxDesigner (pre-iCDB) in order to ensure that all WIR files are up to date and generated. However if the pre-iCDB version is unavailable it is still possible to run the check function without the older version of DxDesigner. Instructions on how to use dos to run this feature can be found in TechNote MG546290.

I would suggest watching the video found in TechNote MG578638 which goes over the best practices of converting a pre-iCDB project to current versions of DxDesigner.

If you are still encountering issues please open a service request on SupportNet so we may be able to look deeper into this issue

Regards,

Alex