2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 9:37 PM by abin.cv

via limitation

abin.cv

iam using mentor expedition pcb 2000.5. i have some problem with via stack up , iam using over 20000 vias in my board

when save and reopen of the project gives me a error stating the  via  padstack 0-0 is missing. and file closes

1.is there any via limitation in this version?

thank in advance

abin

• 1. Re: via limitation
          matthias.cosaert

Sounds like a corrupt layout database to me.

I have had a simular problem with a 4 Layer board that wouldn't open a board because a via padstack 1-14 that was missing...

I copied the \work\Backupdatabase\ to my layout folder and could reopen it but when I saved and reopend I got the error back.

When I viewed the via definition in setup parameters it effectivly said layer 1-14 instead of Trough Via.

I exported the layout database to ASCII and changed the in the ..VIA definitions the text 'LYR_1 LYR_14' to 'LYR_1 LYR_4' and reimported it which fixed the problem.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: via limitation
            abin.cv

thanks for your response,

i have tried taking the backup database and open the layout but i did not find the similar problem u faced

as iam doing a 6 layer board my setup parameter show's 1-6 via stackup only