3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 1:20 PM by Joel_Pointon

bus bar fuse block terminals

mmensen2

I have one wire that is providing power to multiple fuses by means of this terminal bus bar. I have not found a good way to show this bus bar on the harness drawing. Does anyone have any good suggestions how to display this?

Thanks,

Mark

• 1. Re: bus bar fuse block terminals
          Joel_Pointon

These terminal type bus bars are difficult to represent if you want it reflected in the BOM and all of the cutting reports.  Assuming you have the terminal bus bar in a connector housing and you wanted to bus 5 fuses together you could set it up as a single terminal and then manually attached 4 other terminals to the connector as additional components, although this gets the BOM correct it won't be very clear in the reports that the wire is terminated with a 5 terminal bus bar.

If you could clarify which reports (if any) you want correct it may be possible to suggest a more appropriate workaround.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: bus bar fuse block terminals
            mmensen2

I primarily need the harness drawing to display the information correctly so that the harness supplier can build the harness as intended. I would also like to have the BOM correct. I did a manual override of the terminal for the cavity of the bus bar that the wire is going to, attached the part to the connector with the additional quantity needed, added AutoCAD lines to the drawing connecting the cavities for each instance that the bus bar is needed, and added a note to install the bus bar. My customer feels that it is clearly called out on the drawing and the BOM is correct, so for now this will to work.

Thanks,

Mark

• 3. Re: bus bar fuse block terminals
              Joel_Pointon

Hi Mark,

It's not a problem that you'd be able to get an automatic workaround, the method you used that includes some manual overrides / notes is likely the best solution.  I guess the main thing is that the customer is happy with your workaround.