9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2010 7:28 AM by Muhammad_Askar

Vesys 2 - connector graphics

ian.cox1

Hi.

Is there anyway to change the plug and socket graphics/symbols in Design so they represent more 'conventional' (Ie: BS3939 / BS EN60617) looking plug and socket shapes.

• 1. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
          Muhammad_Askar

Hi Ian

If I understand correctly, then the BS standard below is somewhat similar to DIN standard. If so, then there's a thread discussing its implementation here:

http://communities.mentor.com/message/6147#6147

If you scroll to the end of the discussion you'll find a ZIP file containing ht files needed for DIN implementation.

I am compiling a document with instructions on how to use this ZIP file and I'll forward you the link to it shortly.

Thanks

Muhammad

• 2. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
            ian.cox1

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your help.

I have saved the defaultstyle.xml from Nuri's previous discussion but can not read the screen shot showing what is being changed in the 'style set' settings.

Please can you advise.

Best regards,

Ian

• 3. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
              Muhammad_Askar

HI Ian

Images on the community are rendered smaller than their actual size to fit between the text. if you click the shot of style sets you'll be able to see much clearer. Let me know if you're unable to see the detail you're looking for.

I have created this document with steps needed to use defaultstyle.XML and systemdata.XML to implement DIN standard. It can be found here: http://communities.mentor.com/docs/DOC-2096

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

Muhammad

• 4. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                ian.cox1

Hi Muhammad,

That has not worked.

It has created a bridge report,attached, upon importing of systemdata.xml file stating that my project,LV system, has not been changed.

• 5. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                  Muhammad_Askar

Sorry Ian, the document only had steps for CHS case. I have amended it to include VeSys 2.0 steps as well (slightly different to CHS).

VeSys 2.0

1. Under %VESYS_HOME%\config, rename your defaultstyle.xml file to defaultstyle.xml.old
                  2. Copy and paste the defaultstyle.xml file from the zip folder in the same place as the old one.
                  3. Copy and paste the systemdata.xml file to a folder C:\temp\SystemData (note: case sensitive)
                  4. Use Migrate utility to import the systemdata.xml file. From the command line window (Start > Run > CMD) navigate to the type: vesysmigrate -d -u=system -w=manager -f=c:\temp
                  5. Start creating connectors and they will get the DIN style applied to them.

Thanks

Muhammad

• 6. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                    ian.cox1

Hi Muhammand,

That didn't work.

When I try and open defaultstyle.xml from DIN.zip all I get is the attached error.

• 7. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                      Muhammad_Askar

Hi Ian

I am not sure what is happening with Internet Explorer, but there's not need to open XML file using it. You can just paste it as per the instructions in the Config folder of your installation.

If you would like to edit the file, then a simple text editor will do (IE doesn't enable you to edit the file; just view it). I recommend Notepad++ which is freeware.

SNAG-0826.png

Let me know how you get on with this.

Muhammad

• 8. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                        ian.cox1

Hi Muhammad,

I only tried opening the XML files when it did not work. I noticed in the original defaultstyle.xml that there appeared data for definition of the existing connectors. If the replacement defaultstyle.xml had opened I may have been able to see the difference.

Regards,

Ian

• 9. Re: Vesys 2 - connector graphics
                          Muhammad_Askar

Hi Ian,

I think we need to take a closer look at your situation as you are saying it's not working but I have just tried following the steps mentioned in the document and it is working for me as follows:

SNAG-0836.png

Can you please submit an SR to investigate this issue and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it soon.

Thanks

Muhammad