3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 7:46 AM by mike_templeman

Vesys 2 Design - Selecting

ian.cox1

Hi.

Is there a way of 'choosing' when selecting with the 'select' tool in Design when more than one 'entity' is very close to another.

For example see attached: where I have modified an electrical device in Symbol(dev16), refreshed and then updated the electrical symbol in Design.

Due to the mod the wires need to be re-located back to the pins. However when I go to select the wire ends for pins 1-2, 2-2 and 3-2 all I can select is the pin names 1-2, 2-2 and 3-2 themselves. Hence I need to move the names, relocate the wire ends to the pins and then relocate the names.

This sort of thing happens to me a lot when modifing a drawing.

• 1. Re: Vesys 2 Design - Selecting
          Nuri

Hi Ian,

There is no way, that I can think of, to select objects in the background.  However, if you move DEV16 to the left so the wire ends appear on the pins (1-2, 2-2 and 3-2) then they will be automatically connected. Or you can RMB on the wire and choose "Move End" then it appears on the cursor in stretch mode ready for reconnecting on any pin.

I hope that helps,

Kind Regards,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Vesys 2 Design - Selecting
            ian.cox1

Hi Nuri,

Thank you for your reply, the moving of DEV16 to the left and letting the pins get automatically connected really helped.

(I coundn't however get the 'move end' option on the 'drop down menu' by selected the wire and then RMB - I think this is because the wires at 1-2, 2-2 and 3-2 needed to be connected before they could be moved.)

Regards,

Ian

• 3. Re: Vesys 2 Design - Selecting
              mike_templeman

Hi Ian,

The design browser on the left can sometimes make it easier to select a specific object (or indeed finding anything in your design)

You can right click on a pin for example and select Zoom Selected to take you there (it also selects the object for you).

This may help you.

Thanks,

Mike