1 2 First Previous 17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 1:43 AM by robert_davies

Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available

Andreas.Schaefer
        • 1. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
          yu.yanfeng

Hi Andreas,

I have tried 7.9.1. I like 2 features in this version:

1) Altoexp translator now support Allegro 16.3. It works well

2)Tinyopens can be reparied using keyin command "cto". It works well

However, There are somethings we requested still missed:

1) Self-intesecting-polygons in gerber 274x output. Mentor may say Valor 8.0 can repairs it, but Mentor may forget a fact from Valor 9.0, it have stop to  repairs it

2) testpoint continues to lost in fabmaster file and .hyp file. It seems that Mentor don't know what is the problem.

There are other features about RF improvment.

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
            Andreas.Schaefer

Hi Yanfeng,

did you see, that the 7.9.1 installs on a directory 7.9EE.

It is the same 7.9 or 7.9.0 installs.

I am wondering, how Mentor will explain to install two different releases on one machine.

Did you have the same installation directories?

regards,

Andreas

• 3. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
              yu.yanfeng

Hi Andreas,

7.9.1 is installed on the directory 7.9EE by default. My understand is that Mentor treat 7.9 as a stable base version, no main version be released in years just like old Boardstation. I don't think it's a wise strategy, Altium and Cadence  all match ups. I don't  think EE platform have reached a level that modern desinger like it have.

Yanfeng

Yanfeng

• 4. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                bbpcbdesign

Hi Andreas,

here is a info extracted from EE7.9.1 Release Highlight at "Introduction" section...

EE 7.9.1 is a full release of Expedition Enterprise Flow. It is intended to be installed stand alone to a new directory structure, not as an overlay to EE 7.9 or EE 7.9.0, even though the SDD root folder remains 7.9EE

It's very strange this choice from Mentor. I cannot understand why? I think that at least Mentor shoud highlight this note at download page and explain us the reason.

Ciao,

Bortolo

• 5. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                  Andreas.Schaefer

Hi Bartolo,

Thank you for the information.

Have you found anything else, how to change the root dir to another than 7.9EE.

If 7.9.0 and 7.9.1 root dirs are the same, I can not install both at same time.

regards,

andreas

• 6. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                    bbpcbdesign

Hi Andreas,

here is an advice directly from Mentor support:

1. To have at same time both versions, install 7.9.1 for example to C:\Mentor791
                    2. Uninstall 7.9 or 7.9.0 and install 7.9.1

I never used 7.9 or 7.9.0 version.

Regards

Bortolo

• 7. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                      strangd

For the others who are following this thread:  When you are installing 7.9.1EE and you get to the Source and Target screen, the directory in the Select a target location: drop down box can be changed by clicking on the Browse... button to the right and typing in the directory name of the directory into which you want to install the software.

EE7.9.1_install.bmp

I believe that my installing 7.9.0EE over top of the 7.9EE directory caused the ODB++ export to cease working correcting.  So do install into a new, empty directory.

Dwain

• 8. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                        Greg.Hansen

Is the 7.9.1 revision accurately reflected in Help->About? This was my main complain with 7.9.0 and why we went with 7.9 Update 5 instead.

Thanks

• 9. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                          strangd

The Dashboard icon/shortcut on the desktop says, 7.9EE.  But the Help | About has read 7.9.1 for the ones that I have look at.

Dwain

• 10. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                            Andreas.Schaefer

Hi,

the problem with your approach is, that bejond you 7.9.1EE additionally a 7.9EE directory is created.

And the SDD_VERSION Variable has a Value "/.9EE" wich is wrong in my opinion.

All of aour customized automation software is depending on this variable.

Different versions of AddOns for different releases should be able to identify the correct Release version.

If the SDD_VERSION is set wrong, all of our scripting sources to the wrong path / can not be mapped correctly.

Thus I think Mentor should change this latest beginning with 7.9.2.

Otherwise we will not be able to let scripting select the correct version.

regards,

Andreas

• 11. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                              charles.ietswaard

At the moment we have four different software versions active for our designs. (7.9.1 for evaluation)For new designs we use the latest version, but we need the previous version for older designs.

All our versions are placed in a subfolder, are independant of each other and can be made active by running the configurator.

D:\MGC\2005.3

D:\MGC\2007.3

D:\MGC\2007.7

D:\MGC\7.9.0

D:\MGC\7.9.1

We do not use dashboard to start an application but each release has is own menu with the appropiate applications.

Every release has it's own config directory on a network drive

M:\mgc_config\2005.3\........

M:\mgc_config\2007.3\........  etc.etc.

When executing an application from the menu, a bat file is executed that configures the environment for running the application, and starts the application. The bat file will

set the required Mentor variables like LM_LICENSE, DBEDIR etc.

Also the SDD_HOME variable is set, but not in an absolute way.

We us variables to set the SDD_HOME to the correct path;

set RELEASE_HOME=7.9.0

set RELEASE_VERSION=7.9EE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

set MGC_DRIVE=D:\MGC\%RELEASE_HOME%

set SDD_ROOT=%MGC_DRIVE%
                              set SDD_HOME=%SDD_ROOT%\%RELEASE_VERSION%\SDD_HOME
                              set MGC_HOME=%SDD_ROOT%\%RELEASE_VERSION%\MGC_HOME.ixn

For each new release we copy the existing config directory to the new release config directory, edit the RELEASE_HOME and RELEASE_VERSION variable and we are on the road again.

By using the SDD_ROOT variable you can point to the correct Mentor tree.

Regards, Charles (chie)

• 12. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                                strangd

I agree with your point Andreas.  I use many of the environment variables in my scripts but not SDD_VERSION.  If you are going to keep a different directory structure, then that should be fixed.  With EE2007.8 I had to re-write a few of my programs because DxDesigner stopped publishing some variables.  Sadly, this stuff happens.

The "others" in my posting was supposed to mean that the posting was not meant for the users on this thread, who don't need that help, but for the people that never do more than accept the defaults when loading software.

Have fun

Dwain

• 13. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                                  piano0622

hello,can you tell me where I can download it in high speed,please?

thanks a lot

• 14. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 available
                                    piano0622

Hello,Could you give me a link or a torrent to download this version Products ? My email is piano0622@tom.com

Thank you very much

1 2 First Previous