I should add that our entire engineering department experiences this, not just me. We've apparently come to accept it as a fault in either the software or our setup and act like it's normal. In my opinion it's unacceptable and a solution needs to be found...
Here is how we have cut the process time.
1) Close all but one page (suggest the one with the least number of components) of the schematic. Since DxDesigner wants to update the screen with each change, having sheets open slows the process down.
2) Sort the list in DxDataBook by symbol name before applying the update. This seems to keep DxDataBook hunting in the same table and symbol libraries and not switching between them.
3) Make sure your symbol directories do not have a viewdraw.ini file in them. Don't know why but it helped our speed.
Hope this helps
I am not sure what setup you are using, but we have seen a huge improvement
when we moved dxdatabook from using .csv files to a relational database (oracle/mysql)
I cannot recall the exact numbers, but the 'initial verification' that is the first load
did go down from several hours to several minutes.
We do have the same problems, but not in that amount of time.
The databook uses an MDB source from MS Access. The data for MS Access comes from a simple text file.
Having the database on a network drives it takes about 5-10 times longer to verify a design. Just copying the textfile and the Database to a local harddrive speeds up.
We only must be aware of the synchronization of the textfile. Our textfile is generated daily out of SAP.
For my part - I only use local Dx databook configuration!