1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 7:24 AM by Mike_Walsh

Part Creation Using Automation : Pin Mapping

Alpha

Hello dear Members,

I am facing some difficulties when trying to map a symbol and a cell using automation.

I want to map the symbol res.1 ( in the symbol partition Resistors) with the cell RC07 ( in the cellpartition resistors)
      to a part Name RES_100k in the Partpartition Resistors.

The problem i becoming an error message at line 85 of the script : "ERROR: GATE IS NOT VALID"
      I have already check my codes , but i am still not seeing what i am doing wrong.

I would be very gratefull, if somebody would spare a bit of his time and have a look at it.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Part Creation Using Automation : Pin Mapping
          Mike_Walsh

You had a couple mistakes, the most notable being that  you never created a PinMapping object that could then be referenced by calls to PutCellReference, PutSymbolReference, PutGate, and PutSlot.  Attached is a modified version of your script which runs successfully to completion.  Besides the PinMapping object, you also had a wrong argument on your calls to Slot.PutPin.  The third argument has to match the pin name of the actual symbol.

Mike

PS:  You'll have to change the path to the Library, where I put it was different in my environment.