1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 2:30 AM by robert_davies

net name has invalid format?

davide.camerano

Executing the DRC of a hyerarchical schematic, the error "drc-002 net name has invalid format" is reported for all the nets inside a block that does not have a name given by the designer.

In the attached picture you can see an example of this error. The invalid net is the one that connects the gate of the mosfet with the resistor.

The design is not a converted one,it's a new one. I tried to delete the net and then to put a new one.

The DRC rules are the default ones. The release of DxDesigner is 7.9.1 update 1 (but the 7.9.1. wihout the update works in the same way).

Someone experienced the same error? What I have to do to solve this error?

regards

Davide Camerano

• 1. Re: net name has invalid format?
          robert_davies

Davide,

This may be a bug, the settings include the $ as a legitimate character, though this is a check for migrated designs so I will need to check with colleagues in the legitimacy of this setting. If we decide it is bug we will log it internally. In the meantine you can modify the settings to either make this a warning or note, or not run the 'Migration' checks during verify. Any changes you make to the settings will be saved to a local verify.ini file in the project directory.

Regards,

Rob