3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2011 10:39 AM by Jerry_Suiter

Xtreme PCB need without RSCM / iCDB Srvr

janakiraman.subramanian

Hi All,

Happy New Year!!!

I have suggestions on Extreme PCB vs RSCM Server, In EE2007.8, Extreme Session requires RSCM server to be enabled. I feel Extreme should independent property for Expedition Users.

Though RSCM introduced for concurrent design, but the feature of Extreme PCB should be part of PCB tool & easy to invoke among PCB designers whoever like to work as team design

simultaneously. We are experiencing lot of issues on iCDB server due to improper patch update or other issues. Better I suggest Let extreme be part of pinnacle or can be special feature to the PCB, BUT not under RSCM.
        • 1. Re: Xtreme PCB need without RSCM / iCDB Srvr
          Jerry_Suiter

Hello,

Currently if the flow the project is using is Dx/CES/Expedition, then the flow requires the RSCM independent of the applications.  This is because both the front end Dx schematic and back end ExpPCB/Xtreme will share a single iCDB Server.

However the good news is we are working on supporting this flow where the front and back ends have separate iCDB servers.  This will allow the configuration you’re looking for where the iCDB Server can be run without an RSCM on the same machine as the Xtreme Design Session automatically.  This is in our roadmap sometime post EE7.9.2.

Also, with the EE7.9.2 release, we will support automated Xtreme Design Session startup where a customer will be able to configure specific systems to support the Xtreme Design Session and when the layout designer starts up the first Xtreme Design Client, we will allow them to see the machines available as well as the memory/CPU load allowing them to choose a machine for us to remote startup the Xtreme Design Session.

Regards,

Jerry Suiter

Product Marketing Director Expedition/Xtreme

• 2. Re: Xtreme PCB need without RSCM / iCDB Srvr
            janakiraman.subramanian

Thanks Jerry, Separating iCDB server configuration  for Front & Back going to work better I feel. Any timeline for this support, when it is going to be hit the users?

• 3. Re: Xtreme PCB need without RSCM / iCDB Srvr
              Jerry_Suiter

Hello,

This is a good question however this is something I cannot provide at this time.  My intent was to make sure you know this is within our Roadmap.

Regards,

Jerry Suiter

Product Marketing Director

Expedition PCB / Xtreme