For archiving projects the tool Archiver is suggested. This tool seems to copy important files and subdirectories to a new location.
One can add additional files and subdirectories to be copied, too. Opening the project on the new location seems to work.
Using the tool have some drawbacks:
- All libraries are copied. That's not our intention because we have another approach here.
- The project xml file is changed to point to the copied lib and to the copied files "borders.ini" and "speccomp.ini".
Both is not desired.
- The information which files to add additionally is saved in a xml file. This xml file is also copied, too.
But its not used for the next Archiver start at the original project, even if I copy the file to this location, so I have to add the files again.
So my appoach would be to build my own archiving tool.
Is there any documentation about the project directory contents to answer questions like:
- Which subdirectories one has to archive to rebuild the project ?
- What are the subdirectories "autobackup", "designintegritycheckerbackup" and other used for ?
This is interesting anyway.
- Which parts of the directory "database" are to archive ?
There are some restrictions (see Archiver users guide note).
- Are there other important files then the configuration files.
(For the configuration files there is enough documentation I think.)