3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2011 12:01 PM by martin.erazola

.rlc file import in HyperLynx

martin.erazola

Hi,

I have a .rlc file that details the RLC parameters of a transmission line and I want to import or port it into Hyperlynx, more specifically in LineSim.

Is there a way to have this model added to the transmission line models that are standard in Hyperlynx?

This files comes from a package provided by Intel to simulate the traces of the package.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

• 1. Re: .rlc file import in HyperLynx
          yu.yanfeng

Hi Martin,

HL support spice model, so normally  transmisson line's W Element model cab be used in HL linesim.  I don't know what format is intel .rlc file. You can check below  example for W Element modle and create the transmision line 's element model based RLGC valued in .rlc file of intel. 

You can add a package/connector symbol  in schematics and assign the model you created to it.

.SUBCKT IntelTL 1 2

* Node   0 = Gnd (Common Return)

W001       N=1  1    0  2    0 RLGCmodel=Model_W001 L=0.0762 fgd=1e9  MULTIDEBYE=1

.MODEL Model_W001 W MODELTYPE=RLGC N=1
          * Lo  (H/m)
          + Lo =
          + 4.7173e-007

* Co  (F/m)
          + Co =
          + 7.20961e-011

* Ro (Ohm/m)
          + Ro =
          + 3.77078

* Go (S/m)
          + Go =
          + 0

* Rs (Ohm/m-sqrt(Hz))
          + Rs =
          + 0.00120237

* Gd (S/m-Hz)
          + Gd =
          + 7.88237e-012

.ENDS

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: .rlc file import in HyperLynx
            weston_beal

Yanfeng is correct. Let me add a few details to make it easier for you. Notice in Yanfeng's example, the SPICE file contains a .subckt and an instance of the W element in that subcircuit. Your SPICE model must be in the form of a subcircuit, so that HyperLynx can instantiate it.

Also, HyperLynx will only show files with certain file name extensions when you browse for the model file. Select menu Setup > Options > General... select tab Circuit Simulators and see the frame titled SPICE-deck file extensions. You can either change your model file name to have one of the listed extensions, or add your file name extension into this list.

Weston

• 3. Re: .rlc file import in HyperLynx
              martin.erazola

Hi Yanfeng and Weston,

Many thanks to both of you for your help.

I was able to "import" the .rlc file through a sub-circuit and add it to my model.

Thanks a lot.

Martin