2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 7:41 AM by MilanS

Insert connector on harness design is always creating datum: front

MilanS

When inserting a connector on a blank harness drawing the datum value is set to FRONT by default. Can I change this to be value DEFAULT always? Front is in 80% of all cases the wrong value.

• 1. Re: Insert connector on harness design is always creating datum: front
          Muhammad_Askar

This is possible through changing the default setting on the harness design. To change this you need to Edit the design, then go to Modify Harness Details.

Does that solve the problem?

Thanks

Muhammad

• 2. Re: Insert connector on harness design is always creating datum: front
            MilanS

Thanks, Muhammad. I understand that this setting is changing the default datum value when inserting a connector. But the datum can also be defined on customer level. When is the datum setting of the customer being considered?

When the setting on design level is not set to the correct value when starting to create a harness, then it is a huge task to change each datum on each connector afterwards.

But if each connector would have value DEFAULT for datum set, then always the datum of the design will be taken. When a mistake was made by the user, he just changes the design datum value and all connectors would be changed in one step. That would make much more sense - from my point of view.