7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2011 7:23 PM by eng.same.tan

Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins

eng.same.tan

Hi,

Currently I am looking a way to modify/change for the keyins commands as my shorcut keys to speed up during design progress.

For example,

I would like to use the number pad which mean when I press "5" on numpad, then it will show up layer 5 with our own setting visible layers.

And is that possible we load our own script and run on our command?

Like I want to turn on layer soldermask, then I just type something like: "smto" and ENTER (smto = SolderMaskTopOn)...etc

How do I load my own script to overwrite the existing command/script?

Appreciate if someone can show me the way, thank you very much.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
          taco.de.vries

Hi,

Take a look at $SDD_HOME/standard/examples/pcb/Automation/Scripts/KeyBindings.vbs

It contains examples for defining your own keyin commands, I guess you have to load it

from scripts.ini for it to be allways there on startup.

Taco

• 2. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
            eng.same.tan

Hi Taco,

Thanks for your tips.

I open the "KeyBindings.vbs" with notepad, and got this:

' Modifiers exist for key combinations such as:

'   <key>

'   Alt+<key>

'   Ctrl+<key>

'   Alt+Shift+<key>

'   Ctrl+Shift+<key>

'   Ctrl+Alt+Shift+<key>

' where <key> is the keyname such as: Enter, Space, A-Z, 0-9, F1-F12,

'

' One exception: Do not override any of the existing function keys (F1-F12) without

' using a modifier or that functionality will be disabled in the product.

'

BindMenu = 0

BindAccelerator = 1

BindCommand = 1

Set keyBindTables = Gui.Bindings("Document")

' Bind the menu command to a key

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Alt+F1", "Help->Contents->Automation", BindMenu, BindAccelerator

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Alt+D", "View->DisplayControl", BindMenu, BindAccelerator

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Ctrl+1", "Edit->Review->DesignStatus", BindMenu, BindAccelerator

' Bind the execution of a user script to a key

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Ctrl+3", "run c:\temp\ctrl_3.vbs", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Alt+X", "run c:\temp\alt_x.vbs", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5", "run c:\temp\ctrl_alt_shift_5.vbs", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

Any guide for the Bind the MENU and EXECUTION?

Or can provide any sample *.vbs as a reference?

Sorry I am not familiar with VB, so need some guide or samples vbs to refer, appreciate if can provide any related files.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Sam

• 3. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
              Andreas.Schaefer

Hi Sam,

there is a huge documentation on automation in the info hub.

Also other examples within the directory you found your code will help you to understand automation programming.

Or you have a look into the Autoaktive Toolkit (many ressources inside the community).

There is some code inside, to create your own menu too.

And unfortunately, the easiest way to go your first steps in automation is to get familiar with VBS or C#.

regards,

Andreas

• 4. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
                eng.same.tan

I'm trying working on the keybidings that load my schemes that I saved.

For CTRL+X, SHIFT+X, ALT+X are working, but not working if I put "num1", "num2"...etc

here is the example that I did by using "ctrl+o" to run schemes "Local: All On":

Set keyBindTables = Gui.Bindings("Document")

keyBindTables.AddKeyBinding "CTRL+o", "run c:\temp\wdir\scripts\displaycontrol.vbs ""Loc: All On""", BindCommand, BindAccelerator

Anyone can guide me how to run the schemes by pressing single button on numpad?

Appreciate and thanks.

• 5. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
                  eng.same.tan

I tried on the Autoaktive Toolkit, but does not work on me.

Any other way?

Anyway to change the existing stroke and add stroke?

I plan to change stroke for "Place mode", "route mode" and "draw mode", anyone?

• 6. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
                    kendall_hiles

What do you mean AATK did not work?

It has EZ-Control and Key definitions for helping users do these types of things.  EZ-Control just turns on and off layers, Key Definition reads Diplay Control schemes you  have already set up.  If you do set up a stroke for the different modes you will have to write the code to get what mode the tool is in and change the stroke behavior based on that.

I am a bigtime stroke guy but, I opted for menu entries in AATK for most tasks because I found the strokes in Expedition are less forgiving than the ones in BoardStation.  BoardStation had the aliases you could set up for the strokes and that made it a little easier.

-kendall

• 7. Re: Expedition Enterprise Flow 7.9.1 shortcut key & keyins
                      eng.same.tan

when I load EZ Control and Key Definitions, it is not running and showing error message that missing something.

I'm not sure what is missing as now I do not load the AATK after I got that error message.

For stroke, yes, board station is working perfect but not in Expedition, really sad.