3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 7:45 AM by Nuri

Design Wire Decorations

Michael

Hello,

Is it possible in VeSys 2.0 design to have multiple instances of decorations on a single wire? I would like to show the wire attributes at both ends of a wire routed between two devices.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: Design Wire Decorations
          Nuri

Hi Mike,

If you RMB on any wire you can "Add Name Text" or you can RMB --> Style --> "Apply Style to segment" to duplicate the decorations on another segment.  You can create additional segments by adding grip points if needed.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Nuri

• 2. Re: Design Wire Decorations
            Michael

Thank you,

I was not aware of the Apply Style to Segments command. I would say that this decorations placement and movement is very cumbersome in VeSys 2.0 compared to VeSys Classic.

The ability to fence off an area and only select the items completely contained within that area made moving items, such as decorations, much easier in VeSys Classic.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

• 3. Re: Design Wire Decorations
              Nuri

Hi Mike,

I guess I am a little confused, with styling you can control decoration defaults and you can even choose to manually override within the design tools (e.g. fix decorations to a position).  In addition you can also be selective when working with decorations, your area select operation can pick only texts rather than the wire itself.

Would you be willing to join me on a short WebEx to discuss your findings?

Thanks,

Nuri