3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2012 2:03 PM by javad

unmapped objects calibre DRC

sduncan

Hi guys, i'm new to calibre & having just run DRC i have a load of these types of warnings:

WARNING: Layer 18 contains unmapped objects and is the source layer of LAYER MAP == 18 DATATYPE == 3.

I have a rough idea whats going on here as i had a similar DRC issue using PVS ( a cadence verification tool). I am running DRC from the IC6 virtuoso environment but the libraries which contain the layouts in question are attached to my own psuedo techfile. So for PVS i had to point it to a mapping file that lives in the actual PDK tech library "MyPDK.layermap" (in IC6 the

I'd guess that i have to do something similar from the Calibre DRC/LVS GUI or do i need some sort of include statemet directly in the deck?

Many thanks

Stu

• 1. Re: unmapped objects calibre DRC
          samantha_lizak

Hi Stu-

I was kind of hoping Chris would catch this, as Virtuoso is not something I've ever touched.  I did ask around, though, and another MGC employee told me that you can turn off the warning using Layout Input Exception Severity DATATYPE_MAP_SOURCE 0. This has to be set in the SVRF rule file as the Calibre Interactive GUI does not offer an override.

Regards-

Sam.

• 2. Re: unmapped objects calibre DRC
            chris_balcom

Hi Stu, Sam,

If you still have questions about what those warning messages really mean, or how to interpret them I would be happy to help. I was actually hoping some other Calibre user may have experienced this and been more familiar than I with the specific problem and be able to suggest a certain file or use model that would solve the problem.

Best regards,

Chris

• 3. Re: unmapped objects calibre DRC
              javad

Hi Chris and Sam,

I have the same problem as the one that Stu pointed. I use TSMC0.35UM technology and call Calibre from Virtuoso.

Besides finding a way to turn off this warning I am really curios to find its source. Could you please help me in fixing it?

The other problem that I faced is that when I check DRC of some cells from the TSMC0.35UM cell library the following error shows up:

Specified primary cell nch is not located within the input layout

So where is the input cell database and how can I add the cell to that database

Many thanks,

Javad