I'm trying to figure out how to make new components with DxDesigner without DxDataBook, but I'm running into problems. To test things out, I created a really simple schematic with the component and tried to forward it to PADS Logic.
Here are the steps I've done:
1. In PADS Layout I made a new library
2. I used PADS decal editor to make a new footprint and saved it to the created library
3. I select No for making a new part type
4. In DxDesigner I made a new writable library and added it to the symbol libraries
5. Selected File -> New -> Library Symbol
6. I went through the wizard and changed the pkg_type to the same name of the decal I created in PADS decal editor
7. Placed the component in a very simple schematic
8. In PADS Layout I selected Tools -> DxDesigner
9. I specified the DxDesigner project and then clicked forward to PCB
10. Recieved the warning "Warning: Attribute type Decal not found, free text attribute assumed" The components were there with the wrong footprint.
Any help on where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated.