The problem is not with the licensing software, but with the match between products called by the SVRF file and licenses listed in your license file. You don't mention which products or operations the error message listed, so I can't be more specific. If the set up worked on earlier versions of Calibre, check the Calibre Release Notes; it will list any licensing changes.
On the off-chance you are using DFM operations, here is a related technote I found when I searched SupportNet with your error message:
I notice that it gives a bug number, and says it was fixed in an update release.
Thanks for your reply.
Please, what do you mean with “SVRF file”? And what should I do to correct this issue?
The error message is attached. It says about “Calibre interactive”. This error appears when I call the Calibre – DRC. Immediately the aforementioded error comes and the tools closes.
It is weird, because the “same script” works for Calibre_2006. But for Calibre_2010, does not.
If possible, what do you mean with “DFM operation”?
Thanks in advance,
error-Calibre-License.JPG 47.0 KB
2006 to 2010.4, huh? That is a huge jump! There very well could have been changes in what operations require which licenses in the four years. "Insufficiently licensed" means that the licensing software is working, you do have a license file (might not be complete, but it exists and can be read), and that the license you need is not in it.
The quickest way to solve this, I'm afraid, is to either go through your company's CAD team (I am assuming since you have scripts calling Calibre there is a group charged with maintaining the tool), or if you are now the Calibre support person for your CAD group to open a SupportNet ticket. I'm pretty sure you don't want to share the details of the script, runset, and other bits in an open forum.
To answer the basic questions -- Calibre is not a single product; it is more of a product family. Think "unspecified Linux distro" rather than "Mac OS X". The products are all intended to work together but are separately licensed. Some products are Calibre Interactive (the GUI), Calibre DFM (basically, advanced DRC operations), and Calibre nmDRC (rule-based DRC). They all use the same core "engine" that parses the Calibre language, SVRF. (Short for Standard Verification Rule Format, but the only place that term appears is on the cover of the command dictionary.) A good place to start would be the Quick Start -- search the Release Notes for "Tutorial" and it will have instructions to get the quick start tutorial and the working data.
SVRF stands for "Standard Verification Rule Format", but you'll only see that on the cover of the command dictionary (svrf_ur.pdf). SVRF is to Calibre what shell commands are to wrapper scripts. It is a programming language used to set up a bunch of stuff so that Calibre understands your layout and checks the things you want it to check. Most hardware engineers don't want to program, though, so you can also set up the rule file (that is, the program for Calibre) using Calibre Interactive, a separately licensed GUI.
DFM (design for manufacture) is another tool, introduced after 2006, I think. It allows advanced rule checks (calculating whether vias are balanced, or adding property strings to the output GDS, other "beyond DRC" layout based features). Some time in 2010 -- I think it was 2010.1 -- an SVRF command that used to be on a regular DRC license switched to needing a DFM license. This caused a lot of calls, so our customer support guys wrote the tech note I mentioned last time. I thought perhaps you had run into a similar situation, but it sounds like that is not the case.
Thank you very much again for the detailed comments.
Regarding the license file, what I did not understand is that when I´ve used the command “lmstat – i” (or “lmstat –a”), it is shown that we have license for the calibreinteractive (or calinteractive). However, when I call the Calibre DRC, the above message appears. For me, it is a contradiction.
We are at university, and we have only one guy that is responsible for all system.
Regarding my script, if possible, please take a look bellow:
Do you think that something is missing?
Sorry for the long silence; I was away on other projects. I did, however, ask a co-worker who is far more involved with licensing than I am. She mentioned that the format of the license file itself changed between 2006 and 2010. (It was suggestion #3 after checking the MGLS and Flexnet versions.) When you got the newer license server installed, did you also get an updated license file?
While trying to track down who you would contact to get an updated license, I chatted with one of our support team. He said his impression is that universities do have SupportNet access -- if so, to get an updated license file, you start by opening a service request (SR). As you are on SupportNet already, the steps are:
- Go to your SupportNet start page (it should have a primary product, a nav column, and two columns of content, and the Overview tab is active).
- On the Overview tab, in the rightmost column about midway down (at least for mine), is the Service Requests pane. Under the search field is a small link, "Open a new SR".
- Fill out requested info. You can choose on the first screen whether to make this a more general Calibre Interactive support request, or to go by "Other Request Type" and make it a request for an updated license. The second screen is different based on which you choose.
Thank you very much for your help!
I believe the license file was not updated last time. Let´s check it.
I´m currently trying to open a service request. I hope to come back with news.