7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 8:53 PM by kendall_hiles

AATK 4.3 Released

kendall_hiles

See the post at the end of the" AATK 4.1 Released" thread for the enhancements in AATK 4.3.

-kendall

Kendall Hiles CID
      Sr. Global Applications Engineer Consultant

Mentor Graphics Corporation

North Carolina USA

Cell +1-919-345-9807

Challenging myself through innovation, integrity and resolve to bring success to MGC customers.

Ask other users questions here: Communities

Vote on Enhancements here: Bright Ideas

Message was edited by: cathy_terwedow

• 1. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
          Nightwish

Hi Kendall,

I have installed the AATK 4.3 and it works well. But  when I use the BGA fanout command, I got an error message and I don't know how to disable the command because it is still active even if I close the AATK. In this case I can do nothing  in Expedition and the close button is in gray. The picture below shows the error.

AATK Error.bmp

Thanks,

Nightwish

• 2. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
            kendall_hiles

It looks like it locked the server then the script died and left the server locked.  In the older releases of Expedition you could hit the Unlock Server button at the top level of the menu but for the past few releases, this has not worked.  You will need to Exit Expedition to unlock the server.

Try the one in FlipChip, it is newer and has a user angle option.  If this doesn't work, double check your numbers and make sure you can put one in by hand.  If you can and the scipt fails, let me know and we can debug it.

PTH_Breakout.png

-kendall

• 3. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
              Nightwish

Hi Kendall,

In order to use Expedition I have to exit and re-open it again. I also tried the PTH Breakout in Flip Chip and it works well for me.

Thanks,

Nightwish

• 4. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
                Nightwish

Hi Kendall,

I can not see the symbol view if I create a new part in Library manager although the symbol itself is OK.  I can only see the pin numbers but the border and pins and other attributes are invisible. See picture below for the detail. I think AATK caused this problem because before I have AATK installed everything is OK. Hope you can help me on this.

untitled.bmp

Thanks,

Nightwish

• 5. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
                  Nightwish

Does any body else using AATK encountered the same problem as me? After I installed it I can not create symbol using Symbol Wizard in Library manager and also have s symbol view issue. Now I have to remmove AATK in order to using library manager.

Nightwish

• 6. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
                    kendall_hiles

I have not experienced this.  AATK has the Cell Editor startups commented out, you can comment out the Library manager one, edit the scripts.ini file in the AATK dir and comment out the Library Manager script that runs.

'This runs every time a new design is opened in the tool

[Library Manager]

'Script#0=%AATK%\LibraryManager\Demo_Menu.vbs

Put a single quote before the Script#0 to comment it out.

-kendall

• 7. Re: AATK 4.3 Released
                      kendall_hiles

A bump as a reminder that AATK has examples for adding menus, keys, strokes, scripts, viewing html pages in Expedition, deleting duplicate vias, flip chip utilities...  This is your source for examples of all kinds.

-kendall