1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 12:44 PM by Gary_Lameris

DxDatabook Verification

MrDoctor

Hi!

I have a problem with verification. This is how it comes to this: using DxDatabook I place part on the schematic, then I perform verification and DxDatabook says that there is no match. In the mean time I didn't change any of the properties, so there should be exactly one match. Further I double-click in DxDb on part without match to see details, one of the properties is marked red. It is first column in my library with integer values assigned. To make a match I can either remove this condition or change it from "=" to "like".

So my question is why DxDatabook cannot find the match during verification while parts added to the schematic were unmodified and all of their properties are exactly like in the library?

I think it might be related to the "dbc" config file. I noticed that in this file, when opened in text editor, each column of each table has some attributes and values assigned to them. Among them is property "ValueType". For the troublesome column it has assigned value "2" while for the other "1". Why is that? I didn't find any option during configuring DxDatabook to distinguish it. When I edited this manually in config file from "2" to "1" Hierarchical verification started to find matches, but Live verification still indicate yellow icon - multiple matches.

Can expert put some light on this issue, please?

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: DxDatabook Verification
          Gary_Lameris

It depends...

There are different settings available for load and annotate.  Let's review what these mean.

First starting with Annotate, Annotate is the process DxDatabook uses to add properties and their values added unto a schematic symbol.  Various settings exist in DxDatabook to format and display the property on the schematic.

Load is the utility for DxDatabook to compare the properties on the schematic symbol back into the DxDatabook Database.  Assuming a particular property was unique, such as part number, few properties that are on a symbol require "loading"

In more detail, on one of my Logic databases, I Annotate the following:

Part Number, Part Label, and Description.

I only Load against

Part Number and symbol

I don't perform either action with Cell Name, Rating or Manufacturer.  These are then search only fields to help the user find a part.  The properties are not added to the schematic database.

Verification checks the schematic against the specified "load" radio buttoms. A green light matches the load.  The icon to update unique matches will reannotate all symbols with updated property values from the database, ensuring all information is 100% up to date.

Therefore, take a moment to review the properties desired on the schematic.  These are the properties that should be checked for annotate.  Next, what are the truely unique values that need to match a schematic to the dxdatabook database?  These should be checked for load in the database configuration file.  Then when a verify is performed use the update unique matches to update the schematic to the latest values in the database.