1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 10:55 AM by chris_balcom

Why Calibre identifies the line-end as "Pin"?

51tz

Hi Guys,  I failed LVS check, afterwards, I clicked RVE to locate the first error (3 missing connection) to see what happened. In layout viewer.

Green:   Active area (diffusion area)

Blue:     Metal 1

White:   Via12

Actually, this is a NAND logic gate. After double checked, I make sure all input pins and output pin are connected to external wire.

From that "bold frame" generated by Calibre. I guess Calibre might indicate those 3 line-end of pin "Y" (rectilinear shape with 3 lien end) missing connection,but those 3 ends should connect to active area, especially it really does, no problem! On the other hand, those 3 ends are not "pin", why Calibire identified it as "pin"?

I tried change "LVS SOFT SUBSTRATE PINS  YES|NO", but failed.

lvs.jpg

• 1. Re: Why Calibre identifies the line-end as "Pin"?
          chris_balcom

Hi 51tz,

Is this for a lower level cell, during a hierarchical run?

Lower level cells usually get their pins only because there are connections from devices in the cells, up to something outside the cell like top level ports or devices in other cells.

In the LVS report, was it just the one discrepancy for the missing connection? Maybe just for the source, or just for the layout? Or were there different discrepancies for missing connections in both the layout and source?