How about adding a new 4-pin component into the CL, replacing 6-pin component with the 4-pin one in the schematic (preserving RefDes), packaging and fixing layout?
Unfortunately, we want to keep our "primary" key. So adding a new part into the CL isn't desired.
And what is "primary key" ? DxDB UniqID?
In the Central Library you have one key for each part/device you use.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Ah, you mean "Part Number" property, right?
Well, I don't really see a way other than this:
- temporary delete symbol in schematic
- forward annotate to PCB (old component will be gone)
- change old 6-pin component to new 4-pin component in Central Library
- add new symbol into schematic
- forward annotate to PCB
- place new component onto PCB and fix layout