5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 2:09 AM by Jerry_Suiter

Sketch Routing

seajoe.li

Is "Sketch Routing" function available in EE7.9? I once saw a video showing the demo of Heuristic Routing with this function, which is fantastic.

• 1. Re: Sketch Routing
          yu.yanfeng

Not yet.

BTW, It's only a plan or vision of Expedtion PCB, so usually not come to true.

Yanfeng

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sketch Routing
            seajoe.li

Yanfeng, thanks.

• 3. Re: Sketch Routing
              Jerry_Suiter

I’m Jerry Suiter, Product Marketing Director for Expedition.  You are correct, the technnology you saw the video for is fantastic and I am very excided about what this will do for our customers.

However, we do not publish roadmap or discuss details of roadmap in this forum. If you have access to SupportNet please visit the “PCB Planned Release Page” where you will see content of our upcoming releases (current and next release) which will answer your question. What I can assure you is that we are working on a number of very exciting technologies that is not yet published on these pages. I do take exception Yanfeng's comment that Mentor’s vision is usually “not-true”. Our vision has consistently been to deliver technologies that enable drive greater productivity and efficiency for our customers. This is proven by a number of critical measures such as number of patents, R&D investment, market-share leadership, and our solid technology pipeline such as Xtreme PCB, HyperLynx, as well as the world’s only concurrent and constraint driven PCB design-through-manufacturing development flow.

Regards,

Jerry Suiter

Product Marketing Director Expedition / Xtreme

• 4. Re: Sketch Routing
                yu.yanfeng

Hi Jerry,

I do like to see it comes to true. I have seen the vision, and I fully agree that nealy all system designers will throw out thier current desktop tools such as Allegro, Zuken etc without dout if it's true now. I also agree  all company managerments be impressed deeply by Mentor's vision.  But the question is how long?

We are living in a dynamic world. We need a better EDA solution for tommorrow's challenges. I mean  the vision should comes to true within 2 years.

Yanfeng

• 5. Re: Sketch Routing
                  Jerry_Suiter

Yanfeng,

No one knows more about the dynamic EDA world we live in than Mentor and this is why we spend and deliver significantly more on R/D than our competitors. However as I stated before we do not talk about release plans in this forum. However I think you will be pleasantly surprised about our release plans specific to all of the new layout technology we will be releasing in the coming year when we start our general announcements this fall.

Regards,

Jerry Suiter

Product Marketing Director Expedition / Xtreme