2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 3:00 PM by rtennill

Drawing Large Number of Nets based on an algorithm or automation

john.m.decker2

Hello,

I have an application-specific need to draw a large number of nets (>3000) in a very regular pattern (odd and even pins) and would like to know if there is any way to automate this process or perform it algorithmically? Limited scripting experience. Automating the naming of these nets would be another much-desired operation.

Thank you very much,
      JD

• 1. Re: Drawing Large Number of Nets based on an algorithm or automation
          jeremy_parker

This could be done, but you would first need to know the points at which the nets would bend, ect.

So what you would do is, first draw out the pattern manually. Then have the script read the nets' cordinates and an origin, store it in memory, then used the stored points to draw out the nets from the origin. Does that make sense?

-J

• 2. Re: Drawing Large Number of Nets based on an algorithm or automation
            rtennill

What software are you using to create your design? I recently tried to come up with a script for Pads Logic to auto-name nets based on what pin they were connected to and reached a dead end. It was said that the net name is read only to automation. I have posted a request on the mentor bright ideas page to see if there is any interest in the feature. I enourage you to promote the idea if you agree!

Adding nets programatically is something else that I've wanted to do but I don't know of a way to create the net object through scripting (Pads Logic again). Please post any additional information you find on these topics.