AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with "Annotate Component with All Properties"

Question asked by Thomas.DeSmit on Aug 24, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 by Thomas.DeSmit

We have recently transitioned from DC to DxDesigner/DxDatabook. The problem I'm dealing with right now is related to a converted design (DC to Dx). I know part of my problem stems from the fact that our Dx library is a "new" incarnation, not a 1 to 1 translation of the old DC library. We decided to take the opportunity to start from scratch with our Dx library, so we've changed the way a lot of things are done. Needless to say, that's created a number of issues when working with a translated design. I don't know if my current problem is one of those kinds of problems or not; I'm going through this design, using the "verify" to update the schematic with all the new DxDatabook properties. One of our new properties is called "SCHEMATIC_VALUE", When I update a symbol (or group of them) using the verify/annotate component with all properties function, the new "SCHEMATIC_VALUE" property is NOT coming in as it's defined in the library symbol, the font is different, and the location is different. In the library, the "SCHEMATIC_VALUE"  is located close to the symbol, as you would expect, but when it gets annotated in Dx, it's nearly 2 inches away from the symbol! Also, the text font as defined in the library symbol is SAN SERIF, but when it gets annotated, it comes in as "FIXED" . Can any shed some light on this, it's driving me crazy! I've got a 33 page converted schematic to clean up, and touching each and every part to change fonts and positions is not the best use of my time.

Tom D.

Aeroflex Wichita

Outcomes