1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 8:50 AM by Gary_Lameris

Cross reference/Scout options do not seem to work.

bob.keller

I have looked through all the discussions on cross reference/scout and do not see my issue addressed. I also don't understand half of what I read here so please keep this simple.

I am using on/offpage symbols and several of the signals on this schematic have many cross references. The cross reference tool generates XREF1, 2, 3, 4 properties that are displayed on lines below the initial XREF property. I have on/offpage symbols right on top of each other so the cross reference information is written over the top of the next symbols information. It looks like hell and makes the information useless. I have tried to modify the tool settings Ignore Signals: Global <net name> (I tried Local as well), and Format Options/Reformat and Truncate to $page_num but still get the same result. How do I get this under control? I also get multiple warnings like below.

Thanks,

Bob Keller

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF' value '3-A2,3-A4,3-A5' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF1' value '3-A7,3-B2,3-B4' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF2' value '3-B5,3-B7,3-C2' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF3' value '3-C4,3-C5,3-C7' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF4' value '3-D2,3-D5,3-D7' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Warning 177: Pin property name 'XREF' value '3-D5' not found in Common Properties.

scout: Note 137: Finished with 0 error(s), 526 warning(s), 1 note(s).

Finished scout.exe

• 1. Re: Cross reference/Scout options do not seem to work.
          Gary_Lameris

The current release no longer adds the XREF1, XREF2 etc. allowing somewhat better management of the properties.  To edit the properties and eliminate the warning 177, add them to the netlist.prp file specified in your settings.  Be sure to select PIN as an option also because SCOUT adds some of the properties to the component pin.

xref.png

To improve placement, I put a place holder on the symbols for XREF and XREF1, and then use RMB Reposition properties. The properties pop into the right place all the time.

Gary Lameris