3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 11:43 AM by jwdanie

General VbsEdit Question

Ray.Haynes

I'm new to scripting and VbsEdit so please go easy on me if I don't use the standard terminology. This should be simple but I can't find the answer anywhere. When editing in VbsEdit there is an Object Browser window. In that window there are objects listed with methods, properties, etc. listed. When I add code, say dealing with Excel, it adds an Excel object to the object list.

Is there a way to get it to add DxDesigners objects?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Ray Haynes

Oceanside, CA

• 1. Re: General VbsEdit Question
          john_dube

Ray,

Any time you call CreateObject, VBSEdit will load the type library for that COM server, and display the objects/methods/properties/enums in the object browser, as well as the code completion prompts.

If your script is designed to connect to a running instance of DxDesigner, you can trick VBSEdit like this:

If 1 Then

Set vdapp = GetObject(,"Viewdraw.Application")

Else

Set vdapp = CreateObject("Viewdraw.Application")

End If

VBSEdit will load the type library to use while editing the script, but will connect to the running DxDesigner application instead of creating a new instance at runtime.

For best performance, you will want the script to run in the same process as DxDesigner, so you can change the Set vdapp = GetObject to Set vdapp = Application.

John

• 2. Re: General VbsEdit Question
            Ray.Haynes

Thanks John, exactly what I was looking for.

• 3. Re: General VbsEdit Question
              jwdanie

I found that you can also just put the CreateObject in a comment and VBSEdit will still load the browser data.

' CreateObject("Viewdraw.Application")

Jim