1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 7:13 AM by bndungo

    Importing an inactive embedded database into an actively used database

    bndungo

      My working copy of VeSys wouldnt load because in an effort to fix a problem with cross references, i inadvertently installed a patch that was incompatible with my machine. I made a copy of the C:\Mentorgraphics\VeSys folder onto a new location in my local directory and re-installed a new instance of VeSys after cleaning out the contents of the original.  (I used the uninstall command in vesys to clear most of the contents of the vesys folder before further moving the left over contents over to yet another safe location.)

       

      The new copy works fine and after installing the newest compatible patch may have even fixed the problem with the crossreferences. The problem now is that i cannot find any of the projects that i had been working on that i suspect were resident in the original embeded database. I seem to have access to the projects that i exported from my machine over to a public drive for collaborative work with my collegues but have absolutely no visibility on my custom symbol, component libraries and projects. I have a copy of the original VeSys folder that should have the embedded database within it and was wondering if any of you have any experience with transferring the data over. Thanks!

       

        Regards,

       

      Bernard.

        • 1. Re: Importing an inactive embedded database into an actively used database
          bndungo

          All the projects, symbols and components were embedded inside the folder located in C:\MentorGrapics\Vesys\embeddeddata. I simply copied the 'embeddeddata' folder from the old copy that i had backed up over into the folder that was created with the new installation hence over-writing all the data in there with what i had originally. I had to run the latest patch over again for Vesys to run properly again as some of the data that was overwritten was causing vesys not to load.

           

          I currently have restored all my work and also have the new patch running with the improved ability to render off page cross reference text. I'm content with the way things are running now unless there are some unforeseen issues that i may have overlooked with the process i described.