4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 9:47 PM by Vincent_Pinto

3D harness bridge out ProE and the harness import to Vesys Harness

tonyye

Hi all,

One custom  have a problem when he use ProE  3D Harness Bridge Plugin,he export to an xml file  from the ProE 3D Harness and he import to Vesys Harness,but the harness is in disorder,what is more,the harness have no connectors one to one correspondence,How can I deal with the problem ?

tony

thanks1

clip_image002.jpg

• 1. Re: 3D harness bridge out ProE and the harness import to Vesys Harness
          Vincent_Pinto

Yes, I recall a problem with connectors in the base release of VeSys 2010.1, and that it was fixed in a later SP. If you are on 2010.1 please install the latest SP and try again. But if you are on 2010.2, then clearly something else is going on. Can you let me know the release and SP you are on, and please send the Pro/E Plugin-exported xml to vincent_pinto@mentor.com so I can take a look.

As for the topological layout seen in the picture, I'd recommend that after you import into CHBridge, use the Orthogonal Flattening (Edit > Flattening Parameters > Orthogonal tab) to lay out the bundles at right angles, save the DSI, then import this into VeSys Harness.  I recall there was also some issue with this too in the base 2010.1 which was addressed in a later SP.

If you did not use the CHBridge to create a DSI, please be aware that the imported topology into VeSys Harness will be in the 3D flattened mode as you see.  Furthermore, this situation will have all of the small bundle segments as in Pro/E. If you use the CHBridge, then a lot of these bundles are merged into a single larger bundle, where possible, and is neatly layed out orthogonally.

• 2. Re: 3D harness bridge out ProE and the harness import to Vesys Harness
            tonyye

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your reply!My custom told me the release and SP is VeSys 2.0 2010.2 and SP 1103.18. Can I tell the custom install the SP1105 and SP 1107?Then test it again.

tony

thanks!

• 3. Re: 3D harness bridge out ProE and the harness import to Vesys Harness
              Vincent_Pinto

This does seem to be a problem!

I have SP1107 installed, so if you can send the Pro/E xml, I will do a quick test and get back to you.  If I find a problem even in SP1107 then it will be best to file an SR defect. 

• 4. Re: 3D harness bridge out ProE and the harness import to Vesys Harness
                Vincent_Pinto

Thanks for the Pro/E xml, Tony. We have discussed offline on how best to proceed.

For the benefit of the general community:  The connectors are missing because the network is not connected to the entry port of the individual connectors.  Also, in CHBridge, if the Orthogonal flattening is used, then the DSI file saved, and finally imported into VHarness, the layout is orthogonal.  If the CHBridge is not used, and the Pro/E xml is directly imported into VHarness, only 3D flattening is applied. This is typically not desired, and so the recommended approach is to use the CHBridge to do orthogonal flattening.