1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 2:42 PM by weston_beal

Channel reponse

weiming.qian

I got a question about the generation of Channel Response in IBIS-AMI/FastEye analysis flow:

Do I need to regenerate the Channel Response if I only change the bit rate (I mean no change to the physical channel itself)?

I think the step response of the channel should remain the same, but the pulse response (NOT impusle response) will change as bit period varies. The pulse response could be easily derived from step response. I am not sure how HyperLynx deal with it.

Regards,

Weiming

• 1. Re: Channel reponse
          weston_beal

The internal model of the channel is a continuous frequency domain model, so it should not matter if you change the bit time used in channel characterization. On the other hand, if bit time doesn't matter, why is it even an option? The best method is to use the same characterization if you change the simulation frequency a little bit, but if you double it (or more) then it's worth it to test the results with a new channel characterization. Please tell the community the results of any comparisons you do on this issue, for our knowledge.