13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 10:14 AM by benny1

ICT viewer questions

benny1

1) is there a way to export the ICT viewer data to file, Excel, printer?

2) Is there a way to fiter the table data for example: to show only components with PKG_TYP=0402 or to show only partial properties?

TIA, Benny

• 1. Re: ICT viewer questions
          msanti

1. Highlight or select the columns you want to export. RMB on one of the selected columns and select copy. Wait for DxDesigner to finish copying the data. Paste it into Excel.

2. There are filter capabilities on the first cell below the header row.  You can select one of the values from the pull down list or type in the value you want to filter for.

Hope this helps,

Manuel

• 2. Re: ICT viewer questions
            olivier_arnaud

1) is there a way to export the ICT viewer data to file, Excel, printer?

From within the Net/Symbol Properties tabs you can select one or more columns, hit the copy command on the Right Mouse Button (RMB) and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet for example.

From within the Hierarchy tab you can export connectivity on RMB into a file or into the clipboard that you can then paste into Excel.

2) Is there a way to fiter the table data for example: to show only components with PKG_TYP=0402 or to show only partial properties?

In the first row of the ICT Viewer you have a small black arrow to filter the content of the table based on property values. You can also select one or more columns and hit the Hide command on RMB.

I hope it answers your questions.

Cheers

Olivier

• 3. Re: ICT viewer questions
              benny1

Thanks Manuel and Olivier,

I tried to work with the RMB inside the ICT table, however, the menu items are inactive (all marked gray)

Is there a way to activcate them?

Thanks

Benny

• 4. Re: ICT viewer questions
                msanti

I have seen that in the past. Not sure what caused it.

My trouble shooting approach to Dx is to re-start the software, run the configurator, and re-start the computer (in that order) until the software works as advertized. That fixes all kind of problems.

Manuel

• 5. Re: ICT viewer questions
                  benny1

Thank you Manuel for trying to assist, however, I followed your instructions and still the RMB menu is not active.

I can see all the menu items, byt they are in gray and I can't activate them...

Benny

• 6. Re: ICT viewer questions
                    olivier_arnaud

Hi Benny,

I've got a few more questions:

- Which version of the software do you use?

- Expedition or Netlist flow?

- Do yo use the same behaviour on all your projects?

- If not, could we get access to your database?

Cheers

Olivier

• 7. Re: ICT viewer questions
                      benny1

Hi Olivier,

I use PADS 9.3.1. netlist flow

I face the same behaviour on all projects.

I consider ICT viewer as an important tool for the designer.

Apart of the RMB menu problem I have, the ICT is a very heavy tool, and it takes a long time to the computer

to build its database. I hope that by eliminating the number of displayed parameters, will make it work faseter.

Is there any configuration file which configure the default displayed columns in the ICT table?

Regards,

Benny

• 8. Re: ICT viewer questions
                        robert_davies

ICT Viewer has three tabs, hierarchy, net properties and symbol properties. You  can set up which data is shown in each view from Setup - Settings -  Interconnectivity Table - Properties and check or uncheck what you want to view.

• 9. Re: ICT viewer questions
                          benny1

Hi Robert

I saw this settings option before, but the strange thing is that it does not response as expected.

I unmarked all, and tagged only refdes and value. I get a lot of more coulnms such as: LEVEL, PARTS, PINSORDER and more

I can not hide coulnms either as the RMB menu is not active on my system (the issue Olivier tried to solve).

Any idea?

Benny

• 10. Re: ICT viewer questions
                            msanti

Just me skyblasting here...

If you have dual monitors, have you tried moving the window to the other monitor?  All our PCB Designers use dual monitor systems and the RMB does not work correctly on the secondary monitors.   Manuel

• 11. Re: ICT viewer questions
                              benny1

Manuel, you are great.

I drugged the ICT viewer to the primery LCD, and the RMB works there.

It is only the ICT viewer problem, as the Databook window for example, works on the secondary LCD with the RMB functions.

Thank you a lot, till now, everybody from the support told me that it is only on my computer, and it works for them.

Now I understand why...

Somone from Mentor Staff know how to handle it? Is it a known listed bug?

Benny

• 12. Re: ICT viewer questions
                                olivier_arnaud

Hi Benny,

Interesting enough after Manuel posted his suggestion I asked our QA guys to check the ICT Viewer behavior in a dual monitor configuration and they did not see any problem... I suppose there is something else we do not understand but at least I am glad to hear you are back to a almost normal situation.

Cheers

Olivier

• 13. Re: ICT viewer questions
                                  benny1

Olivier, thank you for your efforts to understand the problem.

I did not quite solve the problem, as I want to activate the ICT viewer from the 2nd display, it takes an important drawing space on the primary display.

Maybe Manuel and me use ATI based graphics and you don't? Ask them to ask for any information they need on my system (and Manuel systems)

I will be very glad to get a solution.

Thanks again, Benny