5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 11:40 AM by michal.koziar

Editing a library symbol

michal.koziar

Hello

I am beginner in PADS. I have created a new library symbol in following way:

1. I have made a new library in PADS Layout and then I made a new PCB decal attached to this library

2. I have created a new library in DxDesigner and a new library symbol.

When I put this symbol into schematic everything seems to be fine but when I want to edit library symbol choosing this option in DxDataBook then I receive information No such file or directory. I don't know how to solve this problem. Do location of my own libraries folder is strictly defined/limited ?

Best regards

Michal

• 1. Re: Editing a library symbol
          robert_davies

Is your library defined as writeable in the UI? See attached. If so and you still get the message then post back with the steps you're using.

• 2. Re: Editing a library symbol
            michal.koziar

Hello

Yes this library is set as writeable. Below mentioned steps:

1. In PADS Layout I chosed File->Library and then Create New Library. This library was created in my own folder let's say C:\\MyLib.

2. Using Decal Editor I have created a footprint by Decal Wizzard called TSOP65P640X120-16N.

3. In DxDesigned in my project I have choosen Setup->Settings and made a new library and symbol using Symbol Wizard. As a PKG_TYPE I chosed TSOP65P640X120-16N. Next step was definition of symbol like naming pins.

Created part (IC) can be puted on schematic and it is his footprint is correctly viewed in PADS Decal preview.

Do you need more details related with steps I made for part creation?

Best regards

Michal

• 3. Re: Editing a library symbol
              robert_davies

From which view are you trying to edit the symbol? What is the output from the transcript - in the output window you should see something like

Started  C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.3EE\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin\nse.bat -prj  "C:\UserData\MyProjects\EE7.9.3\NetlistPRPtests\NetlistPRPtests.prj" -file  "C:\UserData\CentralLibraries\LooseLibrary\Discrete/sym/cap.1"

if the editor is being launched on the symbol. Command is 'Edit Library Symbol' from context menu in the DxDataBook - Symbol View tab.Alternatively you can select the symbol in the schematic and use the Context Menu - Edit Library Symbol.

If this doesn't work contact your local customer support organisation.

• 4. Re: Editing a library symbol
                michal.koziar

Hi

Below output from DxDesigner:

Started  C:\MentorGraphics\9.3.1PADS\SDD_HOME\common\win32\bin\nse.bat -prj "C:\PADS  Projects\RMS_detector_v1\RMS_detector_v1.prj" -file  "C:\PADS_Library\Analog_Devices_RMS_Detectors/sym/AD8362ARUZ.1"

and Symbol Editor

# C:\MentorGraphics\9.3.1PADS\SDD_HOME\nse\win32\nse.exe -prj C:\PADS Projects\RMS_detector_v1\RMS_detector_v1.prj -file C:\PADS_Library\Analog_Devices_RMS_Detectors/sym/AD8362ARUZ.1

nse::setmode -file -prj C:\\PADS\ Projects\\RMS_detector_v1\\RMS_detector_v1.prj -flow netlist

nse::opensymbol -file C:\\PADS_Library\\Analog_Devices_RMS_Detectors\\SYM\\AD8362ARUZ.1 AD8362ARUZ.1

# No such file or directory

#

# Import process completed with errors

# nse::opensymbol -file C:\\PADS_Library\\Analog_Devices_RMS_Detectors\\SYM\\AD8362ARUZ.1 AD8362ARUZ.1

# No such file or directory

#

# Import process completed with errors

First log looks fine. But I think that double naming can be a route cause of my problem.

AD8362ARUZ.1 AD8362ARUZ.1

Best regards

Michal

• 5. Re: Editing a library symbol
                  michal.koziar

I don't have active maintenance with current license so I can't open a Service Request .

Maybe this will be usefull information but I am using LS Suite 240234.

Additional question. When I performed license validation following I received following infos with failed licenses.

Could be a route cause of problem?